Just Failed a Drug Test to get into Nursing School Can I take another one
- 0Dec 3, '13 by kobefan24At My College LPN Program,
we are required to do background checks and drug screens
I just had one done and Came back positive for marijuana
My question is because we are also required to submit paperwork signed and stamped from the doctor and I had the drug test but did not get my paperwork signed and stamped.
Can I go to another facility say next week when I Know I'll be clean and get it redone with my physical and have it signed and stamped there?
Will I still be able to go into the school?
P.S I have already stopped for 22 days, I guess my system needs a lil longer and No I will not be smoking in school or work.
Thanks For the Replies
- 0Dec 3, '13 by kobefan24Didn't realize I would be tested so soon, in any case, my only thoughts are that yes I did fail the Drug Test,
But it was at a Hospital I chose,
The school doesn't force us to go to any particular facility
Plus I was referred to the hospital by MY Doctor
So I took the test as an outpaitent or whatever as my doctor wrote the note for me to take the 10 panel drug test
With that Said, I know its linked to my social and is on my background
But if my doctor doesn't sign the paper and put his stamp
Couldn't I technically get it done at another facility by another Doctor whom I will let stamp and sign
If I ever get questioned about it the best I can say is I felt they made a mistake and I wanted another facility,
Off to retest if they want me to
- 0Dec 3, '13 by lorirn2bWe had to use certified background and go to the facility the school/certified background assigned and it was uploaded from the lab to certified background. So basically, if we failed, the nursing program knew about it as soon as CB posted it. I'm not sure how the other things work, the paper tests...... you should probably find out exactly how long it's in your system. I thought it was months, not sure though.
- 1Dec 3, '13 by DadStudentPerhapsI don't know if you will get in or not. If you do, I would strongly recommend that you stop smoking marijuana. Once your done with school and start job hunting, you will be faced with a drug screen to be hired and then random tests after that. Also, you need to preserve your brain cells for Nursing School. There are other healthier ways to take the edge off ..... Just Saying. Good Luck either way.
- 0Dec 3, '13 by Silverdragon102 AdminWe can not advise you on whether to go to another facility when you think you will be clean. What if you are not? What if it still is in your system? Are you going to wait and try to go to another facility?
My understanding is blood tests can detect up to 45 days
- 6Dec 3, '13 by Don1984I have zero personal experience myself, family member, or friends when it comes to the effects of marijuana. I find it discouraging that there have been several threads on the subject of drug testing on people trying to get into nursing school while on marijuana. These people will someday be working with me (if they graduate). Has this become socially acceptable that they don't see a problem of smoking and patient care? All student need to take numerous pre-req classes prior to getting into nursing school and yet wait to the last minute to "beat" the drug test. That indicates to me that they really don't want to stop and will relapse during school as soon as the stress of nursing school gets to be too much for them.
Most researchers agree that urine tests for marijuana can detect the presence of the drug in the body for up to 13 days. However, there is anecdotal evidence that the length of time that marijuana remains in the body is affected by how often the person smokes, how much he smokes and how long he has been smoking. Regular smokers have reported positive drug test results after 45 days since last use and heavy smokers have reported positive tests 90 days after quitting.Last edit by Don1984 on Dec 3, '13