How Far do you want to go in your Nursing Education? - Page 4Register Today!
- Aug 26, '12 by stratus93Just ASN, Im hoping to work in the Prison system and just working for a number of years. I also hope to join the National Guard with my ASN.
- Aug 27, '12 by citylights89Quote from carakristin1Yeah, I want to be a forensic nurse too, but not sure how to go about that! I know it doesn't exactly involve crime scenes, per se, more like rape victims and stuff. I watch too much Law and Order: SVU and read too many murder novels to not pursue this.I'm not sure I want to get *quite* to my DNP, but I definitely want to keep going and at least get a Masters/some advanced education.
I personally hope to follow this career trajectory: Get my ADN. Work in the ER/pediatric ER for a while, become a SAFE nurse or something akin. Work toward my BSN somewhere during that time. Once I get that, pursue the additional certification/education I need to become a forensic nurse (I'm having trouble finding specific information about how to do this).
Any other forensic nurse hopefuls out there?
- Aug 27, '12 by carakristin1Quote from citylights89Hahahahahaha, so true! For me it's Criminal Minds and the Stephanie Plum books.Yeah, I want to be a forensic nurse too, but not sure how to go about that! I know it doesn't exactly involve crime scenes, per se, more like rape victims and stuff. I watch too much Law and Order: SVU and read too many murder novels to not pursue this.
I'll let you know if I find more information about it! There are a couple websites I've found, and there's one university near me with a forensic nursing program, but not a whole lot else. Hold on a sec. *Goes to find websites*
These all give a pretty good overview, but I just wish there was more information about a day in the life, etc., know what I mean?
- Aug 27, '12 by StephalumpOne of my friends is a forensic nurse. Basically, she became one because that was the only job she could get after gradation. She works at a prison hospital in a psych unit that's responsible for getting inmates mentally fit for trial.
After she has a few years of experience, I think she'd like to move into the ER doing forensic stuff.
- Aug 27, '12 by amliddellI'm currently working as ER nurse with my diploma in nursing and associates in science.. planning to start a RN-BSN program this fall. Mean while getting any certifications along the way.. (ACLS, PALS, NRP, ECRN, TNCC, ABLS) and currently studying for my CEN. There are several others classes I'd love to take. I get bored easy and always looking to learning something new.
- Aug 27, '12 by carakristin1Interesting post, Steph. Was it hard for her to get used to working in that environment? I feel like I'd have to be wayyyyy more assertive than I am now to work with inmates.
- Aug 27, '12 by melc0305I will be 42 when I complete school with a BSN (2nd degree). I feel I've had enough school for a lifetime! Never say never, but I think I will just want to work at that point. I will need to pay off my debt and make sure I'm making money to send my kids to college.
- Aug 27, '12 by kbellowsI am working on my ADN right now, I would like to get my Masters eventually to be a CRNA. However, right now I just want to get through nursing school! ( I start my first semester Wednesday!)
- Aug 27, '12 by abiklagsQuote from CapeCodDreameranother teacher! if you decide to go into teaching, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE have some bedside experience. war stories are the bestTook the words out of my mouth! I'll be starting my ADN soon with plans to do either an ADN-BSN (and then pursue my Master's) or ADN-MSN program. Eventually, I want to go into teaching, too.
good luck on the ADN! I start my first semester of my RN-BSN today
- Aug 27, '12 by CiamoneRight now I'm doing the pre reqs for the nursing program.. I'm still deciding if I want to go for my ADN or BSN.. I would love to work in Women's Health or L&D.. Overall I just want to make it to and through nursing school lol