How Far do you want to go in your Nursing Education? - page 4
by MusicEMT 4,391 Views | 55 Comments
Hey folks, so i thought id get some opinions and viewpoints of people and their educational goals here? who wants to go all the way and get their DNP/Ph.D in nursing? My plan is to go all the way.. one step at a time first... Read More
- 1Aug 27, '12 by citylights89Quote from carakristin1Yeah, I want to be a forensic nurse too, but not sure how to go about that! I know it doesn't exactly involve crime scenes, per se, more like rape victims and stuff. I watch too much Law and Order: SVU and read too many murder novels to not pursue this.I'm not sure I want to get *quite* to my DNP, but I definitely want to keep going and at least get a Masters/some advanced education.
I personally hope to follow this career trajectory: Get my ADN. Work in the ER/pediatric ER for a while, become a SAFE nurse or something akin. Work toward my BSN somewhere during that time. Once I get that, pursue the additional certification/education I need to become a forensic nurse (I'm having trouble finding specific information about how to do this).
Any other forensic nurse hopefuls out there?
- 1Aug 27, '12 by carakristin1Quote from citylights89Hahahahahaha, so true! For me it's Criminal Minds and the Stephanie Plum books.Yeah, I want to be a forensic nurse too, but not sure how to go about that! I know it doesn't exactly involve crime scenes, per se, more like rape victims and stuff. I watch too much Law and Order: SVU and read too many murder novels to not pursue this.
I'll let you know if I find more information about it! There are a couple websites I've found, and there's one university near me with a forensic nursing program, but not a whole lot else. Hold on a sec. *Goes to find websites*
These all give a pretty good overview, but I just wish there was more information about a day in the life, etc., know what I mean?
- 0Aug 27, '12 by StephalumpOne of my friends is a forensic nurse. Basically, she became one because that was the only job she could get after gradation. She works at a prison hospital in a psych unit that's responsible for getting inmates mentally fit for trial.
After she has a few years of experience, I think she'd like to move into the ER doing forensic stuff.
- 0Aug 27, '12 by amliddellI'm currently working as ER nurse with my diploma in nursing and associates in science.. planning to start a RN-BSN program this fall. Mean while getting any certifications along the way.. (ACLS, PALS, NRP, ECRN, TNCC, ABLS) and currently studying for my CEN. There are several others classes I'd love to take. I get bored easy and always looking to learning something new.
- 0Aug 27, '12 by abiklagsQuote from CapeCodDreameranother teacher! if you decide to go into teaching, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE have some bedside experience. war stories are the bestTook the words out of my mouth! I'll be starting my ADN soon with plans to do either an ADN-BSN (and then pursue my Master's) or ADN-MSN program. Eventually, I want to go into teaching, too.
good luck on the ADN! I start my first semester of my RN-BSN today