Funny/ Useful Memory Tips for Human Anatomy
- 0Feb 21, '13 by Bach4231Hey Everyone!
Thought I'd create a thread on useful tricks to remember difficult aspects of human anatomy. What worked for you??
- 4,448 Visits
- 0Feb 21, '13 by runsalotHere's one for blood flow thru the heart. http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2...hxvo4_1280.png. Most of this website is more nursing then a&p. But you could find some stuff one the main page.
- 4Feb 21, '13 by satherp5Are you talking mnemonics? I remember a couple from anatomy. First off, I just want to say that I read a book on memory tricks and it said that the more vulgar, the easier it will be to remember. I apologize in advance if these offend anyone.
5 layers if epidermis (BSGLC) = B*tchse Suck Great Long C*ck.
12 cranial nerves (OOOTTAFVGVAH) = Only Ordinary Oral Tongue To A*s Feels Very Good Very Anal*y Hot
- 3Feb 21, '13 by RunnerRN2b2014Mine for the cranial nerves is: Oh Oh Oh To Take A Family Vacation Go Vegas After Hours. There are TONS of dirty ones! LOL
Cell phases: I Passed My Anatomy Test (interphase, prophase, metaphase, anaphase, telephase)
Never Let Monkeys Eat Bananas: ranks # of WBC from high to low: Neutrophils, Lymphocytes, Monoctyes, Eosinophils, Basophils
- 1Feb 21, '13 by Bach4231Awesome! There are a ton of good dirty ones, whatever works! Mnemonics are great, I personally am very lofty minded (for lack of a better work) and enjoy making stories for areas or markings. My most recent one is for the lacerum foramen lateral to the spinosum, ovale and rotundum foramina. I imagine a runner who laces break during a race and sees an old drinking buddy along side the course. The runner yells for help to the man holding a bottle of rum. The inebriated man points and questions you want some rum? So the runner is yelling out laces and the man is questioning rum? I know it's super long but I laugh thinking about it.
- 1Feb 21, '13 by phoenixnimMnemonics are awesome! I just got done reading a book about a midwife's memoirs and she has a whole chapter about mnemonics they would come up with during nursing school.
I was studying note cards out at the club with my friends last weekend, and interestingly enough, the cards associated with drunk crazy stories have stuck the most. lol
- 0Feb 22, '13 by DawnJThere are a couple silly videos for learning the parts of the brain. The silliness helps me to remember and when I share them with my fellow students they think it is a great way to remember too
Memorize the Parts of the Brain - part 1 - YouTubeLast edit by DawnJ on Feb 22, '13 : Reason: grammar