Fall 2012 A&P2 students where are you??!! - page 7
by Nurse2b7337 | 9,157 Views | 136 Comments
Hello everyone, who has started A&P 2? I know we can all use support from each other. I for one have started class and my first day was yesterday. The syllabus doesn't look to bad. I just hope I will enjoy this more than A&P1.... Read More
- 0Sep 25, '12 by EduardoLugoDang! Exam 1 was so dang hard. She does give us very hard questions. She said the first 2 exams are the hardest. I did good though, but I 100% sure I didn't get an A. I think I got around 70-75.. it was just too hard and I've been sick for the past 5-6 days, so I couldn't study at all. She said the last 3 exams won't be hard, so I gotta try to get at least 90's for the last 3.. the 2nd exam will be hard too, so I must get at least 80+ Oh well, I might not get an A for the course unless she decide to make us do a project or something for bonus point. She did this for A&P 1. I do kinda envy those who gets an A , but you deserve it if you studied hard. Whenever I don't study hard, I do bad.Last edit by EduardoLugo on Sep 25, '12
- 0Sep 26, '12 by SopranoKrisQuote from EduardoLugoSure it is! How many exams do you take total and how much weight do the scores affect your overall grade? Don't give up! If your school offers Supplemental Instruction (aka tutoring), I highly recommend going to a few sessions. It really makes a difference and will help you understand the material better.I got my grade for exam 1.. and got a 75. grrr. You think it still still possible to get an A if I study harder and start getting 90's?
Good luck on your next exam! You can do it!
- 0Sep 26, '12 by EduardoLugoGrading of Examinations:
4 lecture exams @ 100 each = 400 points (60%)
Final exam @ 100 each = 100 points (12%) I remember getting a 49 for the finals on A&P 1 'cause I was feeling down and didn't study;
3 lab practical exams @ 50 each = 150 points (24%) She said lab practical exams are easier than A&P 1 which should be easy.
Lab assignments/attitude/attendance = 25 points (4%)
I really wanna pass this course with at least a B-A
- 0Sep 27, '12 by SopranoKrisEduardo, I'm going to quote your statement "I remember getting a 49 for the finals on A&P 1 'cause I was feeling down and didn't study"
How do you expect to do well if you don't study? "Feeling down" is not an excuse for not studying. If you truly want to get an A or a B in this course, you've got to commit to doing ALL your homework and that includes studying (regardless of how you feel). Look at school like it's your job. Your employer won't care that you're "feeling down" and don't perform well on your job. All they care about is did you get your work accomplished correctly and on time. That's reality. Yeah, it sucks...but it is what it is. You've got to make the conscious effort to put in the time and give it 100% of your all. Otherwise, you deserve the grade you get...or in the case of a job, you would be fired.
I'm not trying to bash you or trying make you feel bad, but you need to have realistic expectations. Nursing school will be brutal if you don't have good study habits.
- 0Sep 27, '12 by Nursing2102I really feel like I lucked out with my A&PII professor this semester. She is a great teacher and gives us review sheets before each test. I took my 1st exam on the nervous system and 5 senses last week and got an A. This is really a load off my shoulders since I am also taking Org&Bio Chem this semester, my 1st nursing class and nutrition. Phew!
- 0Sep 27, '12 by EduardoLugoYeah, I could have gotten an A, but I let my skin get the best of me. I broke out pretty bad (acne) on A&P 1, so I just couldn't study at all. I know I shouldn't let it control me, but I had this problem for 10+ years and my skin was doing good 'till A&P 1. My skin is doing fine now, so I am going to study at least 3-4 hours a day and do good. I stilll have a chance to get that A I want if I study hard which I will
- 0Sep 27, '12 by britthohenbrinkI got a 70% on our first test which was better than a lot of people did for our class. I think the average was a 60% and only 1 person made an A. I went to talk to my professor and he told me that as long as I work hard and do good on the rest of the exams that I could still come out of his class with an A. That was very encouraging to me after being upset about the C. Just keep working hard and do your best.... we can do it!!!
- 0Sep 27, '12 by EduardoLugoQuote from britthohenbrinkThe avg was 73% here. She let us use one flashcard, both side for just the endocrine system during in class so that helped us a lot. Many people got 80's. I am not happy with a 77, but that's OK. My teacher said that one of her student got 50's for the first 2 exams and did good for the rest and ended up with a B. I will have to study hard for the exam 2. I have lab practice exam next week which I haven't study at all. I bet start now. ^^;; My goal is to get a B or above. I know one person in my class who got a -B and he has to retake because he needs a B. It isn't easy. Good luck!I got a 70% on our first test which was better than a lot of people did for our class. I think the average was a 60% and only 1 person made an A. I went to talk to my professor and he told me that as long as I work hard and do good on the rest of the exams that I could still come out of his class with an A. That was very encouraging to me after being upset about the C. Just keep working hard and do your best.... we can do it!!!
- 1Sep 28, '12 by nurse4liberiaHey everyone hope all is well my name is Edwina I'm currently taking A&P 2 had my first exam last week which I thought was really hard but I found out I got a 81 so I'm excited. I guess I just have to put more time into studying. Hope we can all learn one or two things from each other. Lets stay in touch. Goodluck everyone