Fall 2012 Microbiology Students -- STAND UP! - Page 6Register Today!
- Aug 29, '12 by carakristin1I'm late to this party, but I'm taking Micro! I had lecture yesterday and lab is Thursday. We've learned about the syllabus so far. >_< I hear this is a great class for most people, though, so I'm looking forward to it.
And, bonus, it's my last pre-req before applying!
- Aug 29, '12 by sapadgettAhhh loving this class! We dove into the first chapter today and it is so interesting! I have an awesome prof that really, really loves what she teaches and is so easy to talk to. I forsee a successful semester! I hope everyone is enjoying this class as much as I am!!
- Aug 29, '12 by CordaePSo far it is okay.
- Aug 29, '12 by wordsofmymouthWe had to evacuate the lab today because of a gas leak. Nice.
- Aug 30, '12 by SopranoKrisI love our Micro professor. We were supposed to have a quiz on Tuesday. He decided today that we could do it as a take-home quiz instead of doing it in class...yay! One less thing to study over the weekend
- Aug 31, '12 by kjohnson1I started micro a couple weeks ago. So far the content isn't all that hard, for me anyway(my lab partner disagrees). I have a great professor who has all of her lectures from last year recorded on blackboard. As well as review video lectures. She makes the class hard, to prepare us for future nursing/PA courses, but she gives us every resource she can to help us out. I've heard it's the hardest pre req, so I'm excited to be done with it.
Good luck to everyone else taking micro!
- Aug 31, '12 by Boxer MamaI really enjoy my teacher. I feel like she really wants us to do well and she has fun teaching the class! We have our first exam on Sept. 9. I only have one class next week because of Labor Day, so three weeks completed! I am very interested about how hard her exams are and will feel better once I get the first one done and out of the way so that I know what to expect!
- Sep 1, '12 by KristinaTI am also in Micro this semester and I'm actually surprisingly enjoying it. I usually hate labs but I really like this lab and I like the freedom each student has to work at their own pace and not have to rely on a lab partner all the time. I'm a little worried about my teacher's tests because I've heard they're hard but hopefully if I take good lecture notes and supplement with the book then I'll do well. I can't afford not to!
- Sep 2, '12 by Ev1987Wow... I'm a little late! Anyway, good luck to everyone this semester. I start lecture and lab on the 8th. I hear my professor is kinda difficult, so I've already written out a weekly schedule to keep track of study time. My course book is 'Microbiology: an introduction' by Tortora, Funke and Case with Pearson eText. (wish me luck!)