Fall 2012 Microbiology Students -- STAND UP! - Page 4Register Today!
- Aug 22, '12 by SopranoKrisOur back-ordered lab manuals FINALLY arrived! (Class starts tomorrow...nothing better than giving me a heart-attack before the semester starts!!!)
Lecture - Microbiology: Principles & Explorations (Wiley Custom)
Lab - Pearson Custom - Microbiology 204
So, looks like we have customized books for both lecture & lab. Our school considers lab a separate class from lecture. 3 credit hours for lecture, 1 for lab. However, they BILL you for 3 credit hours for the lab, on top of an extra course fee.
I took Micro 18 years ago and I absolutely loved it! I'm really looking forward to jumping back in and having fun in lab. I really loved all the hands-on work.
- Aug 22, '12 by bunnyfungoMy school is on the quarter system so I don't start Micro until October 1st. At least I'll already have tons of info and tips from you guys since you're all starting now!
- Aug 22, '12 by wordsofmymouthI started lecture and lab today. I am going to love this course. Lab scared me a bit after all the warnings about putting personal items on the worktables and going home right after to wash your clothes in hot water and getting microorganisms on your body and splashing things and breaking things and setting things on fire.... I'm still excited about it though.
Quote from SopranoKrisThat's the book I'm using!Lecture - Microbiology: Principles & Explorations (Wiley Custom)
- Aug 22, '12 by stefonee356Good luck!!!!!! I took Micro. It was interesting but not easy. I thought A&PI and II were wayyyy easier.
- Aug 22, '12 by EMT89My microbiology class started on the 21st. My powerpoints for the class suck. I am so nervous!
- Aug 23, '12 by ThaoBI just took it in summer session and it was a lot of info but I really enjoyed what I learned. I am one of this students that takes awhile to process things but what really helped me was review the lecture recordings, rewrite my notes and I even took pics of everything in lab and add it to my notes, do study focus sheets and rewrite them again.... I was never a flash card person... Hth
- Aug 23, '12 by HOPPEFUL22Start class also aug. 27,2012 don`t know what to expect will keep u updated.