CNA Training in PhiladelphiaRegister Today!
This is a discussion on CNA Training in Philadelphia in Pennsylvania Nursing, part of United States Nursing ... Hi All. I'm new to Philadelphia (just paid my second month's rent!) and ultimately want to become...by hiddencatRN Aug 9, '06Hi All. I'm new to Philadelphia (just paid my second month's rent!) and ultimately want to become an RN. I'm currently working in Real Estate, and it's ok, and a second job in food service. I'd like to get some health care experience and becoming a CNA seems to be the best way to do it while waiting for instate tuition and to save up for a bit.
I'm looking for CNA training programs in Philadelphia, and for some reason I'm having issues with the google search- I'm just turning up a lot of directory pages that just lead me to more searches and whatnot. So, where to go for CNA training in the city? Are there any places in the city that would offer free training in exchange for me committing to work there as a CNA?
Any advice, links, program names would be appreciated.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=172656©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 62,607 Views
- Aug 10, '06 by CCP06There is a fairly new program at Community College of Philadelphia. http://www.ccp.edu/site/business/health_institute/nurse_aid.php
- Jun 13, '07 by flea333244Quote from CCP06There is a fairly new program at Community College of Philadelphia. http://www.ccp.edu/site/business/hea.../nurse_aid.php
this actually has a new site...
hope this will help
- Jun 27, '07 by Ashley752I'm not sure where in Philadelphia you're at, but there's a good program at Bucks County Community College... www.bucks.edu
- Jan 24, '08 by twstdlkephillyzCommunity College of Philadelphia has an amazing nursing program. However, submission to be accepted is over this year, and you must apply beginning next winter for the 2009 program. You can try Northeastern Hospital, which is a branch of Temple, Drexel, or Bucks County Community. Good lyuck in Philadelphia.
- Sep 15, '08 by jewels357Hi I'm from Phila Pa and there is a CNA program at Frankfort Hospital . It's close to Bridge and Pratt by SEPTA. Th program is about 1500 dollars. They offer day and night classes full time and part time. Also Community College Of Phila offers something . Good luck! It was Clinical Pathways on Harrison st.
- Sep 22, '08 by renee_calFair Acres in Delaware County offers cna training free of charge as long as u work for them dont know how far u are willing to travel
- Oct 27, '08 by raquelphiladelphiaFree cna program at holy redeemer hospital. give them a call they then employ you. sweet!!!!!!!!!!!
- Jul 28, '09 by Jasmine777A good resource for finding nursing homes that are state approved to offer nurse aide training classes in PA is at http://www.cnatips.com/classes/nurse-assistant-pa.php. From what I understand many facilities will cover the expenses for your training, unlike community colleges or private schools. Good luck