Walden University?Register Today!
This is a discussion on Walden University? in Online Nursing Schools, Traditional Schools, Colleges, Universities ... Hi all, I was wondering if anyone here has participated in (or has opinions regarding) Walden...by ShannonB25 Aug 24, '06Hi all,
I was wondering if anyone here has participated in (or has opinions regarding) Walden University's online MSN Education program?
I would really appreciate learning any pro's/cons or otherwise. In doing my own research, I was told repeatedly that they are accredited for the maximum amount of years, which was impressive to me.
ANY information regarding Walden would be so appreciated!
Thank you in advance, and feel free to email me as well if you're more comfortable speaking about it in private
ShannonLast edit by suebird3 on Aug 24, '06 : Reason: Cross posts
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=175243©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 3,469 Views
- Sep 12, '06 by kitty9898I am currently attending Walden's Ed. program. It is harder then I expected. Each week you need to post in a weekly disscussion which is like writing a paper. Besides that, you are required to respond to three of your collegues, using refrences in APA style. in addition, each semster you submit 2-3application papers which are 3-5 pages, also in APA style.
I don't want to discourage you, but I went in to this program thinking it would be cake, but it really is much harder then a traditional class would be.
- Sep 19, '06 by LadyT618Many people do not realize how difficult online courses could be. Many feel that since it's online it must be easier than brick and mortar. You'd be surprised some online programs may be harder than traditional courses. It also depends on the type of learner you are.
- Sep 20, '06 by lucy01I am currently attending Walden's MSN Education program and I too find it to be a lot harder that I expected. I was told that it would require a 10-15 hour a week commitment. LOL! I spend anywhere from 2-6 hours a day trying to keep up with the assignments. I have really had to juggle my time management to keep up with everything that it expected. I feel good about getting my degree from Walden. They have a good reputation and accredidation. Hope this helps.:wink2:
- Oct 10, '06 by mboy0524I am also considering considering Walden's MSN in education. Is it true it takes 2 years? I have looked at many other programs and Walden is at the top of my list. For those that are currently attending Walden, why did you choose Walden? If anyone would be interested in chatting with me off line about Walden, I would really appreciate it. Thanks.
- Dec 9, '06 by nyforloveWOW!--are you "attending" Walden part-time or full-time? I was hoping to do my degree a few credits/semester while working 40 hrs/week, but if the studying and assignments are so much, perhaps I should re-think this...And I thought I'd be saving time from not having to commute to a bricks-and-mortar school.....
Quote from lucy01I am currently attending Walden's MSN Education program and I too find it to be a lot harder that I expected. I was told that it would require a 10-15 hour a week commitment. LOL! I spend anywhere from 2-6 hours a day trying to keep up with the assignments. I have really had to juggle my time management to keep up with everything that it expected. I feel good about getting my degree from Walden. They have a good reputation and accredidation. Hope this helps.:wink2:
- Apr 15, '07 by inspir8tionAnyone else attending Walden? Doing research toward going RN to MSN. What about the tuition?
- Apr 24, '07 by mommy2boysazHi! I, too, have questions about Walden. I'm estimating the cost of the program to be approx. $12,500? Is that about right? Also, for Lucy01, when you say you're spending 2-6 hours per day, is that 7 days/week? Are you taking just one class?
How long is it supposed to take to finish the program?
How much assistance can you get from an instructor/advisor, since you are online?
I've never taken online courses before, but am considering doing this. I'm sure, like everyone else, I just don't want to spend a ton of money only to find out that I can't keep up or I can't get the help I need from an instructor, etc.
Any advice would be much appreciated!