Nursing Students in the UK - page 4
by suzanne4 | 13,245 Views | 65 Comments
For those of you that have had specific questions related you your schooling, please post them here. And use this area to share experiences with other students. Best of luck with your training.:balloons:... Read More
- 0Sep 2, '07 by danah12hello everyone
i have diploma in general nursing and im working in vasculer interventional unit im realy lookiing for farther study just i have to go abroud becouse we dont have in my cantery this spacialist stady i realy would like to study vasculer nursing or cardiovasculer just i dont know how to found and where i realy need help plllllllllllz
- 0Sep 7, '07 by TigerEyesHey there,
(interesting name by the way!).
I think its quite normal to have some doubts about ur career choice. I know I certainly did; I even tried some other courses before finally listening to my brain and heart.
Some of us are natural academics and find it easy to write a 3000 word essay within a day; and some have to work hard in order to achieve the same. Only u know what suits u best, and if not u'll figure it out soon enough. I think the best advice I can offer is: if you're having difficulty then seek help as soon as possible. sometimes all u need is someone to explain in a different way, after all its quite easy to go off track.
Hope that helps. sorry if i've gone overboard. good luck, and stay Positive!!
- 0Sep 23, '07 by mmullin1980Hi, Im a new grad nurse in canada and was curious to know what student nursing was like in the UK. When you are in your last year do you have a consolidation, where you spend at least 4 months in the hospital on a unit of your choice with a preceptor where you will work whatever hours he or she works? Another question I have for you is, in your opinion, what is nursing like in the UK right now? are you confident in finding work after you graduate? there is a mega shortage of nurses over here so I had no problem in finding work whatsoever.
Good luck with your studies!
- 0Sep 27, '07 by Silverdragon102, RN AdminQuote from teresa72welcome to the sitehello all
im a first year dip student, in birmingham.
i need some help with putting together 6 care plans.
i was fine in class now i lost the plot
need to make them upout of thin air.
can any one help plz from a mad first year:spin:
although we won't do them for you we are happy to help and point you in the right direction. what have you got up to now?
- 0Sep 27, '07 by Sun*shinehowdy!!!
i'm 3rd year adult student. oh my gosh where did those last two years go?!
Nurse training in the UK, from what I hear, if very different to anywhere in the world, so I can imagine theres a good few differences between here and Canada. At the end of our last year we do an ellective placement, or at least we should..its being removed from some Uni's and I think mine is one of them. Ususally you spend 3 months on a ward of your choice, and like all placements you have a mentor and you need to work along side them at least 50% of the time.
I think the main concern with graduates is finding the job they want to, as opposed to finding a job at all. There are jobs popping up though, more than there have been. Its something I think I'll worry about when I graduate though I think, for now I'll just try and pass
I'm really keen to use my nursing to travel, where in Canada are you from? What are the career perspectives like there for newely qualified nurses?