I am a student and I am completing a research paper on ALS and working with Neuro patients. I am required to interview a nurse or someone who works or has worked with near patients. I have 9 questions to ask; if someone is willing me answer them for me along with their credentials or previous credentials that would be so helpful and greatly appreciated. The questions are as follows:
1. What do you find usually brings patients in for their initial diagnosis?
2. How difficult is it to get people with this condition to understand the severity of the situation when they are diagnosed?
3. What have you found to be the greatest cause or contributing factor of this condition? How much does genetics play into acquiring this disease?
4. What have you found to be the greatest challenge persons with this condition face (personal and/or medical)?
5. What are some practical recommendations you give your patients or caregivers to help deal with and maintain their disease?
6. Do you feel there has been a higher incidence of diagnosis of this condition in recent years? If yes, why do you think that is?
7. What are some of the most common side effects of the medications a person with this condition would experience?
8. Do your patients complain of oral side effects, if so, what type of oral side effects?
9. If you have any parting comments that you feel would be valuable please feel free to share them with me.
Thank you so much. Im sure you all remember the pressures of school!