New nursing student question...what do you use to carry all these books?!
- 0Jan 10, '12 by NewSN13Honestly, I rarely take my books to school. I have a North Face backpack with a padded compartment for my laptop (which I only sometimes take to school). I would occasionally take a book but mostly I had my binder - one huge one with stuff for every class so I didn't have to be organized and make sure the right things got into the correct binders or that the correct binders made it to class on their respective days - and pens and paper. With the big binder and sometimes my laptop, my load was semi-heavy so I appreciate having a well constructed backpack with sturdy straps.
- 0Jan 10, '12 by grownuprosieI also rarely take my books to school. I only bring my binder. I would wait on buying a pricey backpack until you know if you are going to need to cart them around. I have a $9 basic canvas pack with one pocket and have never felt that I needed anything bigger/ better. (Unless you have a laptop that needs protecting)
Not to knock the people with wheeled backpacks, but I would caution against them. Some of them dont easily fit under the desks and you end up having to leave them in the aisle. People have to climb over you. People trip. It can be distracting during lecture.
Dont sweat the small stuff though. soon enough you will have much more daunting perdicaments than which pack to choose.
- 1Jan 10, '12 by abiklagsmy books usually stay at home. some classes i left the book in school and followed the teacher in the book and carried the book home in my arms to study for the test. to school i use the LL bean super deluxe book pack. got it about 7 years ago, used it for 2 and still looks new. the super padded straps are prob the reason i can stand up straight. i carry 1 1/2 binder for current notes which i transfer to a 3" at home after each test. i very rarely bring my laptop but it does fit in my backpack. besides the binder, i have pens, pencils, sticky notes, planner, and personal journal. heavy stuff like 3 hole punch, tube of hand cream, water bottle, and computer paper live in my locker in school. if you know you have a weaker back i say get the wheely.
- 1Jan 10, '12 by n.cruz-eA back pack on wheels!!! Those roller back packs are life savers. Im a nursing student and thats what I use. Im also lucky enough to have lockers at my school..If you don't have lockers then I recommend leaving your books in the car and just go back and forth and get what you need, because If you carry them ALL- it hurts!!
Hope this helped... and good luck in school
- 0Jan 10, '12 by bnikI went through several backpacks before finally investing in my JanSport backpack. (padded shoulder straps, laptop compartment).
I always carry my books to class - if I have a break, I leave some in my car and switch out during the breaks so it doesn't kill my back. I like my bookbag because I can fit everything I need (my classmates joke about me because I have everything, but funny they always come and ask me if they don't! :spin: ) And if I have extra time, I have everything I need to do homework or whatever I need.
I'm not a big fan of the roller backpacks. The one I had, when I decided to pick it up and put it on, the wheels dug into my lower back. (it snows where I am so sometimes I had to pick it up like that...)