- 0Jul 11, '10 by alexopI am buying a pair of Danskos online and cannot decide which size I need. I wear a 5.5 in American sizing, but tried a 36 in store and felt it was too big. Would a 36N (5.5-6N) or 35 (4.5-5) be better? I have low arches if this helps. Please give me advice!
- 0Jul 11, '10 by chloecatrnEach pair is handmade, so just because one pair didn't work for you, doesn't mean that the size as a whole is wrong. I'd suggest trying the 36N and walking around in them in your house for a while before you decide whether they fit. Your heels should slip up and down; there shouldn't be contact.
- 1Jul 11, '10 by roser13If you can possibly go to a store to try on your first pair, I would strongly advise it. I bought my first pair @ The Walking Company. They measured my feet, gave me the correct size and sent me home. Long story short, I went through 3 pairs of the "correct" size. I kept going back and telling them that I was wearing a hole in one of my little toes....they kept trading them out (made me feel really bad), saying that since they're handmade, I must have had a too-small shoe.
After 3 pair, I insisted on a larger size, it was perfect, and I have never looked back. Now I feel comfortable ordering online because I know that what I really wear has no correlation to my regular shoes.
- 0Jul 11, '10 by kisziI have a pair of Dansko's that I've worn for four years. I actually ended up with a bigger size than intended because I ordered from Ebay and the ad was a little misleading. I wear a 10 usually but ended up with size 41 which is more like an 11. But they are perfect! At first they felt big but like others said, that's how they are supposed to fit. Other than turning my ankle a few times getting used to walking in them, I haven't had a problem. I only need a new pair now b/c they are just too scuffed and don't whiten up well anymore!
- 0Jul 11, '10 by CNL2BI am on my 4th pair of Danskos. I wear a 39 which according to most shoe stores is an 8 1/2 - 9. In regular American shoe sizes, I wear an 8 (NOT an 8 1/2.) I have been told they run small, hence the size difference. I would never buy a pair of $120 shoes without trying them on and finding out what size works for me though -- I would go to a shoe store, which is what I did for the first pair. Since then, I have bought online since I know what "Dansko" size I wear now.
I Danskos. I have had white leather, black felt with a funky yarn pattern (limited edition), ceil blue suede, and my most recent is a blue denim with fabric stripes running through it. I wear the OR scrubs (wouldn't have to, but I do) so I make up for my boring uniform with funky shoes.
- 0Jul 11, '10 by alexopThanks for your help everyone! The Nordstrom here has them in 35 and 36, so I will go and see if the regular width fits me ok in those sizes. I found some really great deals on Amazon for danskos (new pairs anywhere from $80-100, depending on the color or pattern). Great deal compared to the department store prices around here (around $120).