Listing license on resumeRegister Today!
- by aknight07 May 8I know I shouldn't list my license number on my resume, but how to I display that I do have my state license. I'm not talking about where to list it, but more the wording to use to list it.
- As I said. I know where it should be listed. I need to know how to word it. (Ex. RN State Board License)
- May 8 by kloneI just write:
RN (State of XX)
- I have been told that putting the license # on your resume gives someone the opportunity to use it. Identity theft.
Thank you klone.
- May 8 by elkparkI've always listed my license number(s) on my CV. They're public record anyway -- why not??
For the OP, I list them by the original date issued ("1984 - current," on the left margin, same format as I use to list everything else on my CV) and "License to practice as Registered Nurse in the state of (Ohio, Connecticut, whatever), #123456"
- That's what I always thought too, but my instructors have told us not to do it. I put it on applications.