where can a RN FIND A JOB WITH A FELONYRegister Today!
- by nursester May 3, '11I carry a RN LICENSE IN MICHIGAN AND FLORIDA.. EVERYONE DOES A BACK GROUND CHECK. Does any one have any ideas? It was so easy to get my Florida lisense recently, the board knows everything about me.. why can't someone give me a chance..
- May 4, '11 by MandarinOrangeI sure would like to know too. I am currently in IL, since I have a felony its hard for me to find a job. Ive been on several interviews, and they all go great, until the criminal history is brought up. I just found out today that I didn't get a job b/c of that : ( It really is taking a toll on me, and the bills are piling up. Anywho, I know that Wisconsin has much more lenient hiring policies than Illinois. On applications where they have the disclosure about discrimination, Wisconsin actually includes criminal history and one of the categories. I had an interview at a hospital there last week, but no call back yet. Fingers crossed and good luck to you, shop around and be creative, and don't get discouraged when you get rejected, it just wasn't meant to be.
- May 4, '11 by nurse_wannabHi Luv2walk,
Can I ask why you feel it was so easy to get licensed? I have a formal hearing with my SBON, after being denied to sit for NCLEX & I am afraid that I will be turned down. Did you have an attorney to represent you?
- May 5, '11 by nursesterI had a Michigan license. I applied for my Florida license. I sent them every thing concerning my felony and followed the process... went in front of the board and my Florida License was approved.. now need a job...easy to get a license HARD TO FIND A JOB WITH A FELONY
- May 5, '11 by SWS RNI am with Fl mom of 5...I also live in south Fl..job market here is extremely tight even if you don't have any sort of criminal history...maybe you should look for a more rural area where the market is not so flooded.
- Aug 16, '11 by red84I would like to know the outcome of the person who applied in Wisconsin..I have a felony and I would be more than willing to relocate anywhere to find work..
- Jun 15, '12 by KellzRnJust had a job offer from St. Barnabas. I fear they may rescind their offer once my background comes back. I told the nurse manager about my background. Only god can help me now. Man can't close any doors god opens or open any doors god closes. He did not change my life around to leave me now.
- Jun 17, '12 by VictoriaGayle[QUOTE=FLmomof5;5087213]Understand that this is a tight economy. If the hospital has multiple applicants: one without a criminal history, one with a misdemeanor history and one with a felony history....easy guess as to who gets the chance first![/QUOTE
Thats what I'm thinking...even if they are willing to hire someone with a criminal history, if someone with the same qualifications and no history aplies, they are going to get the job.
- Jun 17, '12 by BuckyBadgerRNI'm in WI. I had a classmate with 4, yes FOUR DUI convictions have no problem sitting for the NCLEX PN exam and getting hired...