Im a new nurse..please help!!! - Page 2Register Today!
- Jun 21, '12 by nursel56[color=#b22222]love2244,
my heart goes out to you, and i will pray for you. please dwell on gitano's words of wisdom. (((love2244))
you have your faith. cling tight to that. also, i know there are attorneys who specialize in nursing legal issues. i would encourage you very strongly to let a professional handle this. you can post in the:
nursing licensure with a criminal history forum, too. i think they supplied the information on that type of attorney.
don't give up!
- Jun 23, '12 by love2244Thank you for your kind words, I'm struggling I have no job or income I can't afford to hire an attorney, is there any other way? Can I do it myself?
- Jun 23, '12 by decembergrad2011I don't have any advice but I wanted to show my support. It's heartbreaking to lose something like that over old news. I would think, though, that at the very least a consult with a lawyer is in order. Many attorneys will meet with you for free before they officially accept your case.
- Jun 23, '12 by Esme12love....I'm so sorry you are going through this. I can only imagine how hard this must be. Unfortunately, the judicial/legal system is not meant for Solo navigation.
I would still contact a lawyer and see what legal services/legal aid is available to you. Me? I''m a google queen...I did a quick search for you. Here is what I found
Legal Services of North Florida (LSNF) Welcome to Legal Services of North Florida, Inc. : is a private non-profit corporation dedicated to providing free legal representation to low income people with civil legal problems. Client eligibility is based on financial income and asset guidelines set by the federal government. Cases are also screened based on a variety of factors including case type.
Our service area covers the sixteen counties of north Florida: Bay, Calhoun, Escambia, Franklin, Gadsden, Gulf, Holmes, Jackson, Jefferson, Leon, Liberty, Okaloosa, Santa Rosa, Wakulla, Walton, and Washington Counties. To locate another Legal Services or Legal Aid organization in the state of Florida OR if you need helpful legal information from divorces to bankruptcies go floridalawhelp.org
Free Legal Service Providers - Florida Free Legal Service Providers - Florida
For starters the rest of the google search....https://www.google.com/search?btnG=1...Tallahassee+FL
Please....if you are feeling that you may harm yourself that you will seek medical assistance or go to your local emergency department. You have over come obstacles of youth and bad decisions and for that you should be proud. I'm proud of you. Just because one place won't hire you doesn't mean another one won't. The market is tough on everyone right now...you are not alone. Go to your PCP or free clinic and talk to someone....
Free & Income Based Clinics in Tallahassee, Florida Free Clinics Tallahassee FL | Free Health Clinics Tallahassee FL | Tallahassee Free Clinics
We have listed all of the free and income based health clinics we have located in Tallahassee, FL.
Review all of the information we have provided for the clinics. Some of them provide a wide array of services ranging from free to sliding scale services. We have provided as much detailed information including phone numbers, emails, and websites where available.
But keep fighting....when one door closes another opens. Something worth having is worth fighting for.
I truly wish you the best...you are in my prayers.
- Jun 23, '12 by love2244Some Nurses are telling me to not bring my issue to th BON because they would have found it when I first applied for my Licence.
- Jun 25, '12 by nursel56Quote from love2244Some years back I needed legal advice and couldn't afford an attorney, so I started looking in the phone book (now all of this is online). I discovered there are resources out there, and many lawyers will make payment arrangements that both parties can live with. I was sent to a clinic that was run by law-school graduates who hadn't taken the bar exam, but gave great advice and a lot of self-help worksheets to fill out.Thank you for your kind words, I'm struggling I have no job or income I can't afford to hire an attorney, is there any other way? Can I do it myself?
The point is to start someplace. I have the link I was thinking about the other day.
You have nothing to lose -that's how I see it. All the best.
The American Association of Nurse Attorneys
- Jun 26, '12 by caliotter3Sorry you are going through this. www.taana.org provides a referral service where you can find an attorney experienced in dealing with nursing boards and your local bar association will most likely have a modest means service. You can find this referral service listed in the yellow pages. Best wishes for a positive outcome.
- Jun 26, '12 by love2244I am so greatful for all your advices. I let God be my advisor and I went to the Board of Nursing my self and spoke with them upfront. I showed he my expungment which she said did not matter and I did not have to disclose nothing about that case. Then for my Misdominor in the disposition they stated no charges and no conviction so they will investigate a little further on that because it might have been a citation legally and was filed as a conviction. So I'm still praying and keeping hope alive. They told me I would be fine and don't worry just keep applying for jobs!!! I'm so greateful and pray everything turns out fine. God is s good to me even when I don't deserve it!!!
- Jun 26, '12 by love2244If you ever have questions about or for the Board of Nursing and cant afford an attorney ask them yourself it's cheaper and reliable!!!
- Jun 29, '12 by love2244Ive been applying to about 100 rn jobs per day ranging from ltc to hospital jobs. If you are a nurse that has a criminial past such as petit theft please let me know what feild of work your in and how you worded your answer on the application. If you are a recruiter or work in hr be honest and let me know if my application were to be placed in front of you would you give me a chance or would you trash my application? Please help me, thank you.