How I got my dream job! - Page 3Register Today!
- Mar 25, '12 by SueBooHow did you get the Nursing Annual Reports??
- Mar 25, '12 by jomajomaHi Tokyorose,
Your post really inspired me. It is refreshing to see that there is some hope out there, and kudos to you for not taking no for an answer. I will take heed to your advice...Can you PM me the letter you send to the DON. That would be really helpful..
- Mar 25, '12 by trying to be a nursethanks for the advice
- Mar 25, '12 by tokyoROSENursing Annual Reports were all published online. If the organization is large, chances are they would do the same. I did not have any luck of finding these reports with the smaller organizations.
I've sent PMs to those who asked for my letter to DONs.
- Mar 28, '12 by tgrove16Hello great blog very informative, can I please see your letter. Thank you
- Mar 28, '12 by on eagles wingshey!
Congrats on your new job. I loved this article; I am sharing it with others as I know it will benefit them!
I was wondering if you could, when you have time, also send me the letter you sent to your DON? I am totally going to write one to the DON on the tele floor I am doing clinicals on. I just wanted to get a feel for what I should say or shouldn't say, lol.
Thanks and if you have any other cool tips let us know
- Mar 28, '12 by NurseyleeI also would like a copy of that letter, if you would be so kind. And CONGRATUALTIONS! Obviously you have the determination and tenacity to do well!
- Mar 28, '12 by Enthused_Nurse2Btokyorose, do you mind also pming me the email you sent to the DON? I would love to get a feel for what is the correct way to email someone about a position. thanks in advance and congratulations!
- Mar 28, '12 by FranemtnurseFantastic post tokyoROSE. You are one person who goes through to get to. You are going to go far with the tenacity you have. You are a definite asset to the nursing profession. Congratulations!!!
- Mar 28, '12 by dfloydbCongratulations! That's a great story and you have to love sign on bonuses. I wish I would stumble across a job with a signing bonus. I thought they were just reserved for athletes, military personnel and stock brokers.
Being honest is huge. When I'm interviewing people I can usually tell when they're making things up. We've been interviewing people for a new position over the last few weeks. You would be amazed at how many people told me they were employed but when I asked them when they could start three of the people told me immediately. I'm really surprised that people don't understand that most employers want you to give your current employer a least two weeks notice. If someone isn't going to give their employer two week's notice it immediately raises a red flag. It shows that they'll probably do the same thing to us at some point. Unless they are a stellar candidate, I discount them right away.
Oh yeah, one more thing...When my neighbor was looking for a job she actually took an online job search course. She said it helped her immensely.
Congratulations again for finding your job. It sounds pretty cool.Last edit by dfloydb on Mar 28, '12 : Reason: Mispelling