Nurse Jobs In Canada Questions - Page 3Register Today!
- Sep 15, '08 by cocoy2goQuote from gino_76phGinoHi Cocoy. how's your work permit? any news?
as for me ALL of my papers are now with CARNA and i'm just waiting for my eligibility status. GH sent me forms (police form, embassy form, etc.) and was told to start with them.
if i get my eligibility status i'll have to turn up a gear all the things i need to "dispose of" like my TV, PC, etc. and will start inquiring on the best place to rent a flat. but i think GH will be providing me a "physical acccomodation" and not just money to rent for a month or so then i will be ;eft to find a place on my own....
If i were you i wont do anything ...wait until you have your medical exam.
It can be a long frustrating wait. Trust me ..look at the other post where you said you are buying new mobiles to use in Alberta. I told you before i have been waiting since 10th of June for my permit. Its already 3 months. Nothing has happened.
Just imagine if i resigned in June and start selling my things ..then i wont have any money and nothing in the house. I will wait until i see the permit with my eyes then i know i am leaving.
- Sep 15, '08 by gino_76phi know you might kick me in the butt for this but....i plan to resign by october. and instead i plan to be a permanent bank nurse so i can work anywhere and anytime i want. the workload on the ward is getting enormous and i am fed up. you work hard and nobody appreciate what you are doin...
- Sep 15, '08 by Fiona59Quote from gino_76ph... and instead i plan to be a permanent bank nurse so i can work anywhere and anytime i want. the workload on the ward is getting enormous and i am fed up. you work hard and nobody appreciate what you are doin...
Sounds like you already work in Alberta! I know nurses who are leaving positions to work "casual" for the same reasons. They all want m-f day shifts...
- Sep 16, '08 by gino_76phQuote from Fiona59so, would you advice me or agree with me if i say i would resign even before i start applying for that work permit or atleast wait till i get my eligibility status?Sounds like you already work in Alberta! I know nurses who are leaving positions to work "casual" for the same reasons. They all want m-f day shifts...
- Sep 17, '08 by cocoy2gohi Gino
My advice is NO at the moment. Think well cos its not easy just doing bank shifts for months. No annual leave and no sickness. If you are financially OK my answer would still be NO. Save your money for the hard times in Alberta.
- Sep 19, '08 by cocoy2goHi Gino
I got my work permit today. Bye Bye UK.
- Oct 12, '08 by cocoy2goHi Gino
Even though I got my TWP i have not resigned yet cos i am supposed to start on 5th January 09 at Foothills Medical Hospital. I am planning to leave the UK by 31st Dec +/- a few days. My notice period is 8 weeks so I will submit my resignation by beginning of November.
I am feeling quite nervous to leave everything behind. I have put my house on sale here in London but the price is not good so i intend to rent it to cover my mortgage costs.
I understand you are heading to Edmonton so we can still chat online. How's your resignation gone? Still planning it ot have you submitted it?
Good luck anyway.
- Oct 16, '08 by sasiWould you like to share your timeline, Cocoy and everybody else. That would give an idea to the others who are interested in the process to see how long it took for you.
date of assessment notice:
date registration received or temp registration applied and received:
date application for TWP and which visa office:
date TWP received:
Just an idea... thank you guys!