Demand for Nurses in Canada - Page 5Register Today!
- Sep 8, '08 by arieskeeis it true that philippine nurses are undervalued in Canada? they are not working as nurses instead as caregivers or nannies? is it possible to apply for work in Canada as registered Nurses?
- Sep 8, '08 by Silverdragon102It is possible to work as RN in Canada and many nurses are moving here to work, check out the International forum where there are a few threads ongoing. You need to meet province's requirements, pass English/French exam depending on where you are going and may have to do a bridging program depending on your transcripts and province. You really need to take the time and read this and International forum and read this thread http://allnurses.com/forums/f108/int...st-323075.html
- Sep 8, '08 by janfrnThere probably are many nurses from the Philippines who are working at something other than nursing. They would be people who weren't able to follow the application process from beginning to end, or those who thought they could come to Canada first and then start the application, only to find out that they couldn't provide the necessary documentation. When one has to eat one does what one must while the rest of the details are sorted out. There are professionals in many categories who are working at jobs that are not commensurate with their education and skills: lawyers who drive taxis, doctors who clean offices at night, accountants selling burgers at Micky D's, and many more. Residencies or other internship-like programs have a limited number of spots for graduates of foreign schools and if they don't get one of those spots, they still have bills to pay. Pride and a willingness to work hard carry them through.
- Sep 8, '08 by alphonsusJanfrn....well said! I do fall in one those jobs you mentioned. Thank you for the encouragement. Makes those rainy days seem a lot brighter.
- Oct 14, '08 by fmoghi felisa
your responses made me not comment a bit about those who have something to say to filipino nurses. Felt like you said it all. I still take pride to be a filipino nurse. Anyway, i can't send you a pm yet. BUt i wanted to ask you a few questions, if you don't mind. Where did you work here in the Philippines? I'm completing my requirements for registration in BC. But i'm quite concerned about finding an employer. I'd like to know the possibilities of finding an employer for someone like me who's only experience is an a clinic for approx a year. I have always considered working in a nursing home/long term care facilities though.If not in a clinic. But then everytime i look at the adds they wanted someone who is experienced or is currently practicing registered nurse. My mom is in ONtario, so she can't really help looking for an employer in BC. My ielts has lapsed it's 2 years validity so i have to take the exam again maybe after i give birth on December as im on my most uncomfortable stage of pregnancy.
Is your husband also working?