You know you're a nurse if... - page 16
by Joe V 126,368 Views | 264 Comments Admin
You know you're a nurse if... You've been telling stories in a restaurant and had someone at another table throw up. (share and add your own below)... Read More
- 4Sep 7, '12 by monkeelouiseTrue Story- My sister and I (we are both nurses) were eating lunch at a restraunt. This lady walked by us on the way to the ladies room, she lost her cookies allover the floor beside our table and ran into the bathroom. We glanced over, looked at the horrified waitress, ordered her to get towels to clean up the mess and kept eating our lunch. We were actually giggling at the other patrons that were gagging and jumping up from their seats, while I noticed the waitstaff huddled behind us looking at us like we were the crazy ones. Still makes me giggle.
- 1Oct 10, '12 by JazziepantsI'm a nursing student. Yesterday in class we were talking about stomas and the consistency of the feces depending on the location; and all i could think about was when was lunch, i was starving. My husband is on a great diet he says. I also get the "what is appropriate dinner conversation" talk.... a lot.
- 3Oct 16, '12 by ctolbert10You stare at someone's veins while waiting in line at Wal-Mart. In the back of your mind thinking, "I'd get some awesome flashback on those!"You stop the microwave before it beeps because it reminds you of the pump you ran to 35 times during your shift.While washing your hands in a public restroom, you notice someone come out of the stall and not even look at the sink. Gross!You speedwalk everywhere.You carry sani-wipes everywhere!!!You take your grandpa to the doc for a check-up and he introduces you to the entire waiting room as "this is my grand daughter. She's a nurse. She'll be the boss next week!"
- 7Oct 16, '12 by sharpeimom GuideYou're at a family reunion with four generations of nurses, some of whom have nursed in each war since WWII, and we end up gathered together in a corner, sharing stories -- some gross, some funny, some real tear jerkers.
- 2Oct 29, '12 by coltaNot a nurse yet, just a student but....
When you're watching an abdominal surgery being performed around lunch-time and all you and your fellow student/nurse can think of is how much different pieces of anatomy look like weird versions of food.
(Hysterectomy - removed ovaries looked like deflated grapes.)
- 5Oct 30, '12 by SinmanQuote from hhurleyMy daughter did this...she stole my A&P Atlas and wanted me to read it to her as her bed time story it was "Her body book"You're 4 year old knows all the bones in the body (while I was in A & P) and when he started kindergarten he was telling his class about skin assessments and care planning and medication administration, to the point that I got a phone call from his teacher about words she didn't understand