Share Your Saying - page 8
by angelique777 88,511 Views | 434 Comments
i find that a lot of people who post have a lot of great saying attached to there post for example like "i am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how i react to it." (charles swindoll) if you want to make god... Read More
- 0Sep 17, '05 by pyxeduhst5282great idea...i'm quote obsessed...will have to dig some out.....and post emQuote from angelique777i find that a lot of people who post have a lot of great saying attached to there post for example like
"i am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how i react to it." (charles swindoll) if you want to make god laugh, tell him your plans
i find it hard to go through everyones posting to find great saying so thought i start a tread so you can post yours and this way i can have a collection of saying all in one spot .........some of them are really funny, some are deep and make you think, some are sweet ...so please post and share your sayings since some of them are really great to read...........thanks angela
i have a long distance relationship with my boyfriend he is away so i love to write to him and add a little quote or story something to make him laugh or think or smile or just feel thought of so appreciate your contributions to my attempting to getting a collection thanks
- 1Sep 17, '05 by ZASHAGALKAY'all missed the best quote I've seen on here and don't know who to source it to: Being a good nurse is not always the same as being a good employee.
Some of mine:
"Pt medicated; nurse resting comfortably."
"If in doubt, gork 'em out" (I work in ICU).
"I can do anything for 12 hrs"
"Asystole is a very stable rhythm"
‘Happiness is a conscious choice, not an automatic response.’
- Mildred Barthel
‘Remember, amateurs built the ark, professionals built the Titanic.’
‘The Pilgrims made seven times more graves than huts. No Americans have been more impoverished than those who, nevertheless, set aside a day of thanksgiving.’ – H. U. Westermayer
‘You are not here merely to make a living. You are here to enable the world to live more amply, with greater vision, and with a finer spirit of hope and achievement. You are here to enrich the world. You impoverish yourself if you forget this errand.’ – Woodrow Wilson
“Doubt isn't the opposite of faith; it is an element of faith.”
--Paul Johannes Tillich
“There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.”
“If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.”
“The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.” --Bumper Sticker
“Don't ask the barber whether you need a haircut.”
--Daniel S. Greenberg
Flowers bloom to roses
Love grows and reposes
The World belongs
With these new songs
That love composes
I could keep going, I used to compile a list of my favorite quotes. . .
Timothy.Last edit by ZASHAGALKA on Feb 9, '09
- 0Sep 18, '05 by IndyI don't think I have many work sayings yet. Unless you count the fact that I talk to bubbles in my syringes (get out of there!!); fortunately they don't talk back. I do always say (for the last ten years) to my daughter, as I open her car door, "get in, sit down and do your seat belt." That's all fine and good except that I've been known to say it when entering the house door. She thinks I'm crazy anyway.
My preceptor has an "okay" that I've recently realized is completely different from any other "okay"... it is drawn out and almost two syllables. Actually, I suspect she's doing mouth breathing when I hear it. I think the funky "okay" means "oh my god I don't wanna be doing this but we are going to get through it!" It made me smile when I realized this; said realization came when I was in the middle of doing a foley.
- 0Sep 18, '05 by Kappy1959Quote from gauge14ivSounds like Texans have alot in common with us Minnesotan's. I'd have said the same thing!You should have heard all the nurses laugh at me when I was visiting someone in the hospital in Maine and went to the nurses station to report that her IV bag was "Dry as a bone" - We say that all the time in Texas...apparently they don't use that in Maine!
I had to interpret... :chuckle
- 0Sep 19, '05 by pyxeduhst5282Just got done watching "Hitch" (which is a great/funny movie by the way) Lots of good quotes in there too....here's one I liked... Alex Hitch Hitchens ..."Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away."
- 0Sep 19, '05 by CV_LVNMy saying is HOT MESS.....lol. I always say thigns are a hot mess. If the patient does something funny or is a complete mess I'll say what a hot mess. It can be used in so many contexes. it's usually...."what a hot mess."a girl i went to nursing school with got me saying "nah foo" lol sounds sooo ghetto
- 0Sep 26, '05 by JAHJFThe Paradoxical Commandments
People are illogical, unreasonable, and self-centered.
Love them anyway.
If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish ulterior motives.
Do good anyway.
If you are successful, you will win false friends and true enemies.
The good you do today will be forgotten tomorrow.
Do good anyway.
Honesty and frankness make you vulnerable.
Be honest and frank anyway.
The biggest men and women with the biggest ideas can be shot down by thesmallest men and women with the smallest minds.
Think big anyway...
...People favor underdogs but follow only top dogs.
Fight for a few underdogs anyway.
What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight.
People really need help but may attack you if you do help them.
Help people anyway.
Give the world the best you have and you'll get kicked in the teeth.
Give the world the best you have anyway.
-Kent M. Keith