Share Your Saying - Page 2Register Today!
- Jun 25, '05 by AntikigirlHere are a few of mine:
*Without coffee I would have no personality whatsoever!
*My Dogma ran over your Karma.
*Where am I, and why am I in this handbasket!?
*By looking at me I temporarily had control of your mind!
*The only thing separating me from my crazy patient's is the fact I have the keys to the med room!
*I have a chronic case of cranial-rectal inversion, and mental flatulance!
*I keep thinking about the here-after...I walk into a room and wonder what I was here after!
*It isn't 'hot flashes' its 'power surges"!
*Nursing...great for exploring new sounds, smells and sights!
*I am so cool that not only do I ride the short bus, but I earned the right to sit in the back baby!
- Jun 25, '05 by gauge14ivDo one thing that scares you everyday
A successful person is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks that others throw at him or her
The space and time for what you want is being occupied by what you have settled for
(Unknown)Last edit by gauge14iv on Jul 21, '05
- Jun 25, '05 by schroeders_piano"Everyone has pearls of wisdom they like to share; just make sure they don't turn into a necklace"
"It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye; then we all laugh."
"Do you really think they are laughing with you?"
"The gates are down, the lights are flashing, but the train is just not coming."
- Jun 25, '05 by pickledpepperRNRemarks about science
The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom.
Speculation is perfectly all right, but if you stay there you've only founded a superstition. If you test it, you've started a science.
Science is a way of thinking much more than it is a body of knowledge.
There had appeared a few stories in science fiction that dealt with alternate Earths, but it was just coincidence.
Science is realism - eliminating wishful thinking. If you can't do that, you can't begin. You'll never know what truth is.
James P. Hogan
- Jun 26, '05 by Peppercorn_Kat"Speak your mind, even if your voice shakes."
"There are plenty of fish in the sea. Unfortunately I am a turtle."
"Someday your prince will come. Mine got lost took a wrong turn and is too stubborn to ask for directions."
"You know, somebody actually complimented me on my driving today. They left a little note on the windscreen, it said 'Parking Fine.' So that was nice."
"Those who discourage your dreams have probably abandoned their own."
- Jun 26, '05 by LeahJet"Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength"
- Jun 26, '05 by c.wicks[I]"The soul afraid of dying.....never learns to live."
- Jun 26, '05 by PennyLaneGreat quotes so far. Keep 'em coming.
I have one that Lily Tomlin said, but it was in a play (don't know which one), so it can't be attributed to her:
"We're all just time-sharing atoms."
- Jun 29, '05 by nana2003I have a little plaque on my wall that reads.........
Raising kids is like being pecked to death by a chicken.
(I have 4 children)
I also have a favorite response that I learned from my Dad. When my children tell me I "Have" to do something for them, I quote my Dad and tell them "All I "Have" to do is pay taxes and die."
I do not know where he got it, but it shuts the kids up right away.