Oops! I always go home with... - page 2
by shescoolie 11,343 Views | 38 Comments
What's the most common, weirdest, funniest things you always forget to take out of your pocket before you leave and end up going home with? Me, I aalways go home with a floor supply of alcohol pads and gauze. The other night I... Read More
- 3Jan 17, '12 by hudabelleWe have a nurse here that saved vial lids for months and months (and months after that). She filled her dog bed with them (small dog). She said they move well and don't get smashed down like the beads/foam that is originally in the bed and they don't poke at the dog through the fabric. Pretty clever. Also I know of one person that glued a bunch to a picture frame. Looks pretty cute in all the different colors.
- 1Jan 17, '12 by ShantheRNWe're doing the vial top stuff too! We've been decorating our badge clips with them. Mostly flowers but I think it looks cute
As for work thievery.....I'm bad about flushes. I'm so used to grabbing a couple every time I'm in the med room I don't even feel them in my pockets. I'm looking at 3 of them as I type lol
- 1Jan 23, '12 by PediLove2147Quote from LibitinaLike the tops on insulin, narcotics, basically any liquid med that comes in a vial. Usually they just go in the trash but they are good for crafts. Everyone on my unit has a flower clip for their badge made of them!Vial tops? Which ones??
- 0May 31, '12 by eatmysoxRNAlcohol pads. More than I could ever need.
Gauze. Again, more than I'll ever need.
Dry erase markers.
Gloves. Sterile gloves.
An IV start kit.
A cathelon or 2.
Lube (peds rectal temps)
I always return medical supplies that I'd never ever use (iv stuff). Kept some stuff that I didn't think would do good going back.. Eek :/
- 0May 31, '12 by GitanoRN Guidejust the other day, i came home with 4 other nurses and as we sat in my lanai we empty our pockets to see who had the most items from work and a sweet seasoned nurse won, she had everything you would need to assist in any given medical pt. situation, i gave a pair of tickets to a concert
- 0Jun 4, '12 by wannabecnlEKG lead pads. In the PACU, the ones from the OR came off all the time, so I'd often throw a new one in my pocket to have on hand. Amazing how with just one supply drawer on either side of the bed, I was usually on the "wrong" side to replace what was needed.
By the way, these were new ones with the backing still on, not used ones with chest hair! Those did make it into the trash!