Older than dirt quizRegister Today!
- by KaraLea Jun 13, '02Older Than Dirt Quiz:
Count all the ones that you remember- not the ones you were told about!
Ratings are at the bottom.
1. Blackjack chewing gum
2. Wax Coke-shaped bottles with colored sugar water
3. Candy cigarettes
4. Soda pop machines that dispensed bottle
5. Coffee shops with tableside jukeboxes
6. Home milk delivery in glass bottles with cardboard stoppers
7. Party lines
8. Newsreels before the movie
9. P.F. Flyers
10. Butch wax
11. Telephone numbers with a word prefix (Olive -6933)
13. Howdy Doody
14. 45 RPM records
15. S&H Green Stamps
17. Metal ice trays with lever
18. Mimeograph paper
19. Blue flashbulb
21. Roller skate keys
22. Cork popguns
25. Wash tub wringers
If you remembered 0-5 = You're still young
If you remembered 6-10 = You are getting older
If you remembered 11-15 = Don't tell your! age,
If you remembered 16-25 = You're older than dirt!
- 6,256 Views
- Jun 13, '02 by RN-PAI'm older than dirt.
I got a "17"... :imbar
- Jun 13, '02 by cbs314323 out of 25. I never had roller skates or a Packard, but otherwise, yeah I'm older than dirt.
- Jun 13, '02 by SleepyeyesYup; and we probably had the oldest studebakers in the US.... drove 'em right up til the med- 60's
- Jun 13, '02 by Brownms46What is butch wax?? I don't remember Blackjack chewing gum and I don't know what Packards is either...but I remember almost all the rest! Groann! Older than dirt. And geeze some of these I had forgot about! Party lines...Lord!!
- Jun 13, '02 by moonchild20002000Older than Dirt! I remember all except the chewing gum!
- Jun 13, '02 by NurseDennieI'm older than dirt!! I always thought I was one day *younger* than dirt! The only thing I don't remember are the washers with wringers. I mean, I've SEEN them, but never actually had one in the family, I don't think. I think I played with one in a vacation house one time or another, though.
I remember blackjack gum - you really had to be in the mood for it, but I think I'd like it more now that I'm adult than I did at the time.
I also remember something that wasn't on the list! I SWEAR I remember running down the street behind a truck that delivered ice, with a bunch of other kids, begging the guy in the truck for ice chips. My father and grandmother said that there was NO WAY that I remember that, but I remember it vividly.
One of the places we lived, they delivered UNHOMOGENIZED milk, too! Ewwww, that was yeuchhy!! I would never take the first two or three glasses from those bottles - they were GREASY with cream.. Ewwwwwwwww
- Jun 19, '02 by JBuddYep, older than dirt, but what was the question?:zzzzz
My kids ask what position I played in Little League, and was aghast at being told GIRLS weren't allowed to play when I was young.
- Jun 19, '02 by sbic5617 here, too. Old and diggin' it!!