Older than dirt quiz
- 0Jun 13, '02 by KaraLeaOlder Than Dirt Quiz:
Count all the ones that you remember- not the ones you were told about!
Ratings are at the bottom.
1. Blackjack chewing gum
2. Wax Coke-shaped bottles with colored sugar water
3. Candy cigarettes
4. Soda pop machines that dispensed bottle
5. Coffee shops with tableside jukeboxes
6. Home milk delivery in glass bottles with cardboard stoppers
7. Party lines
8. Newsreels before the movie
9. P.F. Flyers
10. Butch wax
11. Telephone numbers with a word prefix (Olive -6933)
13. Howdy Doody
14. 45 RPM records
15. S&H Green Stamps
17. Metal ice trays with lever
18. Mimeograph paper
19. Blue flashbulb
21. Roller skate keys
22. Cork popguns
25. Wash tub wringers
If you remembered 0-5 = You're still young
If you remembered 6-10 = You are getting older
If you remembered 11-15 = Don't tell your! age,
If you remembered 16-25 = You're older than dirt!
- 6,984 Visits
- 0Jun 13, '02 by NurseDennieI'm older than dirt!! I always thought I was one day *younger* than dirt! The only thing I don't remember are the washers with wringers. I mean, I've SEEN them, but never actually had one in the family, I don't think. I think I played with one in a vacation house one time or another, though.
I remember blackjack gum - you really had to be in the mood for it, but I think I'd like it more now that I'm adult than I did at the time.
I also remember something that wasn't on the list! I SWEAR I remember running down the street behind a truck that delivered ice, with a bunch of other kids, begging the guy in the truck for ice chips. My father and grandmother said that there was NO WAY that I remember that, but I remember it vividly.
One of the places we lived, they delivered UNHOMOGENIZED milk, too! Ewwww, that was yeuchhy!! I would never take the first two or three glasses from those bottles - they were GREASY with cream.. Ewwwwwwwww