Hilarious Gangnam Style OB/Gyne parody music videoRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Hilarious Gangnam Style OB/Gyne parody music video in Nursing Humor / Share Jokes, part of General Nursing ... So this is so funny...this was made at a hospital in Canada and it's been all over the news because...by RN2B123 Dec 24, '12So this is so funny...this was made at a hospital in Canada and it's been all over the news because some people are too sensitive and found it incorrect. I thought it was hilarious!
Link to Youtube Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWvnfdgEOcA
If you want to read the media story behind the controversy, its from the Toronto Star newspaper... http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/arti...birthing-group
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=804063©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 3,624 Views
- Dec 24, '12 by janellybellyHaha! I loved it. I don't understand why people can be so square sometimes. Is it a crime to lighten up? ::sigh::
- Dec 24, '12 by jrwestthat was cute
- Dec 24, '12 by SionainnRNSo not appropriate, especially for students!! There is no way my professors would have okay'd us doing that. It's one thing if they wanted to make a video for class but not to be put on the hospitals website. Now a great video done by students was from UNLV about HIPAA and that has been used by BON. There's a time and place for everything and this was just not appropriate.
- Dec 24, '12 by sapphire18I don't see the video as being offensive, but I also didn't think it was very entertaining, either.
PS. Do nurses in Canada really wear dresses?
- Dec 24, '12 by Esme12Yeah....I'm not so sure it's that funny and I find a ton of weird things funny.....it's a little over the top for me.
- Dec 24, '12 by edmiaAs a fun production, it's good. Well choreographed and relevant to their audience, which I presume to be other Ob/Gyn residents.
Now, as an example of the terrible birth culture that we live in, I find it awful. Those birthing images in the lithotomy position, fire emanating from the birth canal as baby is shot out?? But then again, we are talking about surgeons here who in reality have no business catching babies the good old natural way as they have no respect for the human process. Ok, that is another thread ;-)
Sent from my iPhone using allnurses.com
- Dec 24, '12 by GrnTeaOh, for heaven's sake. It's a goof. Lighten up. And I say this as someone who bows to no one on the importance of good midwifery.
- Dec 25, '12 by StcroixTotally funny and a straight on goof! Now I must set to work on 'Med-Surge Rap'.
- Jan 2 by adoRNo2b2015As an OB Scrub Tech I think the video portrays everything we do and that happens just on out floor. Only some of us get to experience "amniotic showers" and some babies do get literally catched when they come in at 9cm. The only part I didn't like was the baby having the chest compressions, that kind of brings the fun of the video down because it is one of the not so good sides of L&D.