Excuses for Missing WorkRegister Today!
- by kmchugh Apr 7, '02How about a list of wierd excuses for not coming to work?
My favorite: I can't come in today, I'm having vision problems. I just don't see myself working.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=15743©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 83,707 Views
- Apr 7, '02 by night owl"I can't come to work today b/c I'll be stalking my previous Unit Manager who fired me from the last job for not showing up for work. OK?"
"Constipation has made me a walking time bomb!"
- Apr 7, '02 by WashYaHands"I was bitten by my own dog" This was somewhat believable until it was used on 3 consecutive weekend shifts.
- Apr 7, '02 by Shandy12One that I heard from a former visiting nurse(and she had a ton of excuses) was "I can't get into work today. I have no money here to put gas into my car." Also, "my friend's dog bit me".
And she had more car accidents than any of us. Two involved being rearended at a Tim Horton's coffee shop, and one was in a Tim Horton's parking lot!. She's not working in community anymore.......
- Apr 7, '02 by donmurrayIn the same vein as Kevin's ... Can't work today, terrible back trouble, I can't get it off the bed!
- Apr 7, '02 by NurseDennieRunning out of clean clothes. I guess instead of calling in sick, that would be calling in naked.
- Apr 7, '02 by dawnglovesI'm locked *IN* my house!
- Apr 7, '02 by SICU QueenI've used the "I'm flooded in" excuse before... not unbelievable where I live (as long as it's raining ).
- Apr 7, '02 by MedsurgHow about adding this to the list. Fell at work spraining your knee and our employer suspenses you for thirty days.
- Apr 8, '02 by nursedawn67How about this......someone on restrictions d/t a back injury caused at work, calling in stating "I hurt my back again moving my couch".....