Charting BloopersRegister Today!
- by AHarri66 Jun 12, '00Found in the History and Physical section of a patient's chart who had experienced visual hallucinations while ill:
"Patient vehemently denies any auditory, tactile, or old factory hallucinations."
- 355,668 Views
- Jun 16, '00 by BJRN76We all got a good laugh at work after reading a consultation from our ID doctor. She wrote...pt has large amount of ***** drainage... we decided that purulent might look better. (Keep in mind it was a slow day)
- Dec 19, '00 by CMAYORNFound in pt progress note from resident md re t mental status(Pt had been confused for several days):"continues to be confused. Oriented to person, place, and time." I could not help but wonder if the md has seen the pt @ all. Did get a laugh out of it .
- Dec 26, '00 by km rnAs we were reviewing a chart on the Alzheimer's unit - this notation stood out:
"resident very agitated - yelling profound statements" Profane yes - profound no ..I doubt he was yelling "To be or not to be....that is the question...."
- Dec 27, '00 by ClariceSI recently saw a "add 20 mEq Kay Ciel to existing IVF" order also. Maybe these docs were trained at the same place.
We also had an order recently that to us really brought into question the integrity of the writer. The order was for "1 baked potato p.o. bid". First, where else would a baked potato go and secondly, dietary requests do not need to be written by a doc in the orders sheet!
[This message has been edited by ClariceS (edited December 27, 2000).]