501 ways to know you've been on allnurses.com too long!Register Today!
This is a discussion on 501 ways to know you've been on allnurses.com too long! in Nursing Humor / Share Jokes, part of General Nursing ... all right. i confess! i'm a proper addict! this is a fantastic website - filled with goodies and...by Roy Fokker Aug 18, '06all right.
i confess! i'm a proper addict! this is a fantastic website - filled with goodies and great people.
and i know that i'm not alone
so... i challenge forum members to describe 501 ways to know you've been posting on allnurses.com too much. here's some to start off...
remember to put the numbers
1. you're still stuck in threads from 2002, trying to catch up.
2. during conversations in 'actual reality', you keep looking for the emoticon buttons whenever you are being sarcastic/trying to be funny/etc.
3. when arguing with your so, you quickly get your point in because you think the debate will get locked.
4. you try to find a pm function on the phone, so much easier than dialing.
5. when your family starts getting on your nerves, you want to pm a moderator to get them banned.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=174346©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 43,618 Views
- Aug 18, '06 by suebird36. You keep looking for the red triangle to *report* someone.
- Aug 18, '06 by ZASHAGALKASo, I'm a gonna 'cheat' and pull up my previous comments on point from an older thread (is that ITSELF a sign I've been here too long?):
7. You start looking for threads that dropped off of current use (I said that better in, oh what was the name of that thread . . .)
8. More than a 1,000 posts per yr of active enrollment.
9. You know EVERYBODY by their first names, whether they routinely post them or not.
10. In the political threads, you know who just supported or rebutted you by the name of the last poster - before you even click in.
11. The words 'BSN vs. ADN' in any title is enough to make you groan.
12. You quote TOS to newbies. (and you're not a mod)
13. You make it a point to say hi to most of the people introducing themselves. (very hard to do.) And Tweety is awesome for doing JUST that.
14. You routinely post in the game threads.
15. Go look at your ave daily post rates - more than 6 - you're addicted.
16. You keep reloading the latest 24 hr posting or posting since you last checked click, waiting for something interesting to post/repost about. Or, everytime you log on, you have to check all thread topics posted to since the last time you were here to make sure you didn't miss anything.
- Aug 18, '06 by ZASHAGALKA17. You find yourself baiting new moderators . . . ROY!
18. You wonder how many more posts (after that latest one, you know the one) before a thread is locked.
19. You bring back up 3 month old controversial threads just because you're bored, awake (curse of a night worker) and it's 2am. (hmmmmm, where is that thread about Margaret Sanger, anyway? . . .)
- Aug 18, '06 by goats'r'us20. you've read all the posts in the popular humour threads, and in order to read something new, you've started reading the posts from back when the humour section opened.
- Aug 18, '06 by emllpn200621. Your husband or wife goes to work and comes home from work and you are still in front of the computer.
22. You are almost late to work becouse you were up all night reading allnurses.
23. Your family and friends who are not even in the medical field ask what you have learned new on "that nursing web site".
- Aug 19, '06 by LPN,RNNow24 You remember when the cybersaloon was a locked thread.
Can't remember if it was locked or banned.Last edit by suebird3 on Aug 19, '06
- Aug 19, '06 by ZASHAGALKA25. You're always running to get to work on time because you just had to get in ONE LAST POST on the 'in' topic before getting ready. I can't tell you how many times I've said to myself, "Got to get off here and start getting ready for work!" A good chunk of my posts are '6pm' posts. LOL.
- Aug 19, '06 by emllpn200626. You have multiple posts timed at hourly intervals throught out each day.
27. You have posted to the same thread every 15 minutes throught the day becouse you keep going back to see what the person after you posted.
- Aug 19, '06 by rehab nurse28. the very first thing you do when waking up is log on to allnurses.
29. the very first thing you do when getting home from work is logging on to allnurses.
30. when you are on vacation, you think about allnurses and miss reading those posts!
31. you spend more time pm'ing friends on allnurses than emailing on your regular account
32. when you ask a question at work and don't get a good answer, you want to go post it on allnurses so you can get the right answer!
(hello, my name is rehab nurse and i am an allnurses addict. )