will nurse managers wait on you?Register Today!
- by esunada Apr 23, '12If I apply and get an interview now will the nurse manager still want to hire me if I couldn't start for two months? I am a new graduate so I still have to graduate and take the NCLEX!
- Apr 23, '12 by RN SamNurse managers do read up on people they select for an interview. Unless you lied, they know you haven't taken NCLEX. You can still be hired (which is awesome). I would just mention again that you haven't graduated or taken It yet.
- Apr 23, '12 by KelRN215If they are hiring new grads, they will know that you haven't graduated yet in April. If they want you, they will wait. I interviewed and accepted my job in March when I was a new grad and didn't start until September. My new job, they waited a month for me because I had to give 4 weeks notice at my old job.
- Apr 24, '12 by stephanie2012probably they can wait, depends on the company or HR manager, we can't tell, but when the interview, you should tell them your situation, which is the very basic thing for the interviewees' sincerity.
- Apr 24, '12 by Sweet_Wild_RoseDepends on how immediate the need is. Some places will be able to wait, others won't. Just be upfront with them about your availability. Like someone else said, they do look at your application and should see that you haven't graduated or passed NCLEX yet. Interviewers should also be upfront with you about their needs and how quickly they need to get that position filled.