Which states hire new grads?Register Today!
This is a discussion on Which states hire new grads? in Nursing First Job Hunt Assistance, part of Nursing Career Advice ... I know this has been asked several times before, but I haven't seen any recent ones so I thought...by greyL Nov 18, '12I know this has been asked several times before, but I haven't seen any recent ones so I thought I'd give it a shot.
Which states are hiring new grads? I have a BSN and I'm willing to move anywhere.
I live in Southern California currently and the job market here is tough.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=798281©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 5,933 Views
- Nov 18, '12 by MulticollinearityMany areas of New Mexico are hiring.
- Nov 18, '12 by eturner7This hospital is always looking for RN graduates.
New RN Grads | Fort Duncan Regional Medical Center
- Nov 18, '12 by SummitRNIt isn't so much a state as what part of what states. I hear parts TX, NM, and ND are hiring.
I hear the worst for NGs are CA, CO, HI, as a whole plus the metro areas of East Coast.
- Nov 18, '12 by Twinmom06northeastern PA (Scranton/Wilkes-Barre north to the NY border) hires new grads...Philly doesn't - not sure about Pittsburgh
- Nov 18, '12 by marcos9999Hospitals that are still hiring new grads are usually located in remote areas where no one wants to go to. When I decided to get out of CA I contacted these small rural hospitals in TX, NV, ND, SD and got an immediate response. I then decided to fine comb CA and found one hospital, perhaps in the most remote are in the state and got a job there. It's kind of though to live here away from home but way better then being unemployed and it's beautiful over here too. I am happy that I didn't have to move out of state which I think is harder to anyone. Good luck!
- Nov 18, '12 by hakunamatataRNMO, Saint Louis, is pretty new grad friendly. It's still "tough" b/c it's a metropolitan area, but if you network and give yourself a few weeks, you'll likely find something. I graduated in April and I have two jobs already, one with the State and one at a major teaching hospital here.
My sights were set on No Cal, but same situation as you. Luckily, I'm halfway through my first year experience. It's rough though.
- Nov 18, '12 by tigerlogicI've heard Alaska...
- Nov 18, '12 by Ms.MayaRNIs all about who you know. I hear Lousiana hires new grad , Brooklyn also hires new grads but is all about who you know.Last edit by Ms.MayaRN on Nov 18, '12 : Reason: grammar
- Nov 18, '12 by CP2013North and South Dakota.
Go for the rural areas! There are places in Florida that still offer sign on bonuses! Some for new grads. All because the area needs competent nurses willing to stay in a rural area.