Which states hire new grads? - Page 2Register Today!
- Nov 19, '12 by paRN12I'm a new grad RN from PA and a lot of my friends who just graduated already have new grad RN jobs at hospitals in Pittsburgh and Philly. Children's Hospital of Philadelphia definitely hires new grads and some of the hospitals outside of Philly do too because that's where my friends are working. I'm living in Hawaii now and not having any luck finding a nursing job
- Nov 19, '12 by Ms.MayaRNNebraska
- Nov 19, '12 by hecallsmeDuchessVA hiring. A friend works for a teaching hospital in Norfolk and said her floor hired up to 10 new nurses including new grads in the past few months.
- Nov 19, '12 by anotheronemany rural areas all over the country. look at places at least 2-3 hr from a city area. remember that housing is difficult to find in most of these places. it will be a culture shock to many from big cities and subruban areas. i speak from experience, lol
- Nov 19, '12 by NickiLaughsHave you looked at the very rural parts of CA? Eureka? Rideout in Marysville? Those places tend to hire NG, might be better than leaving the state.
- Nov 20, '12 by amygarsideMost states hire nurses but if you would like an assured job you can try the rural areas.
- Nov 20, '12 by SCSTxRNI live in Wichita Falls, TX. United Regional Healthcare urhcs.org just closed a position for nurse internships, but hires new grads - to my knowledge - every semester. The North Texas State Hospital (psych) hires new grads. https://jobshrportal.cpa.texas.gov/E...7-431b08f314e8
The hospitals in Electra and Henrietta also hire new grads, as does (occasionally) Kell West, which is also out here.
The winters can be miserable, and people here aren't used to snow - the summers are scorchers, and 3 months out of the year the water tastes like insecticide, there's no culture other than cowboy (but DFW is only two hours away)... other than that, it's a great place to live. The cost of living is reasonable, the schools are good.
- Nov 20, '12 by ileex3I graduated in June 2012 with my BS in nursing. Since July, I started job hunting in New York. No luck at all. I am also considering working outside of NY. I do not know which state though.