Right job for BSN?Register Today!
- by kewlNursetobe Apr 19, '12I'm a foreign graduate, I just want to ask what's the right job for BSN (4 yrs)
I just need to find a job to support myself while preparing for NCLEX, any suggestions?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=699642©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 774 Views
- Apr 19, '12 by traumaRUsI'm gathering you have the correct visa to work in the US?
1. CNA - need to get certification first but that's relatively easy.
2. Transporter in a hospital - take pts from one place to another.
3. Housekeeping in hospital
Probably anything else that comes along. Depending on where you live, unemployment is still pretty high (still double digits where I live).
- Apr 19, '12 by LindaBrightYou can look at research, as an assistant, or maybe even try insurance companies or pharmaceutical companies. Most of the time, non-nursing medical jobs will have requirements like "a degree in a related field" that will gladly accept your BSN. Good luck!
- Apr 19, '12 by kewlNursetobeI live in Seattle. I inquire re the CNA program it's a lot of $$ , and it will take me a month to finish the program. And yes I've been sending application but non is responding
- Apr 19, '12 by augustluv4I notice some hospitals would hire you as CNA as long as you have completed 1 year of nursing program.
- Apr 19, '12 by kewlNursetobeLike what state? coz here they don't accept that
- Apr 19, '12 by RizzHm... I think most places accept 1 year of nursing for CNA jobs.
- Apr 19, '12 by not.done.yetThe truth is CNA jobs are just as competitive to get as nursing jobs now. Best of luck OP. You may have trouble finding anything until you pass NCLEX.