Alternative nursing positionsRegister Today!
- by cjo85 Sep 10I am a nursing student graduating this December. The job market in my area is very competitive. I am wondering what are some alternatives to hospitals, nursing homes, home health, assisted living and, the health department? I'm not eliminating those from my job hunt, just wondering who else hires nurses so I can have all my avenues in check.
- Sep 10 by MeriwhenPlease note that not all of these are new grad-friendly in that they may require experience. Still, you never know unless you try...
Camp nursing (though it's seasonal work)
Correctional nursing (prisons, jails)
Psych nursing (most of it occurs in hospitals, yet no one ever considers it hospital nursing)
Medical practice/clinic offices
Urgent care centers
LTAC (long-term acute care)
Sales/marketing (yes, there are RN jobs in this area)
- Sep 11 by Churchill RN EMT-Bcompany nurse
- Sep 11 by spurs21550Home Health is no place for a new grad because you are out in the field functioning by yourself with no safety net of support. You should have some nursing experience preferably acute care prior to Home Health nursing.
- Sep 11 by LPN2BSNRNCase management for Insurance companies
- Sep 11 by adventure780occpuational nursing