Giving the license up - page 4
by wish_me_luck | 9,664 Views | 54 Comments
After much thought, I have decided to send my license back. I will call the Executive Director on Monday and my case manager to see about future options, if I were to ever want to get my license back. But, when thinking about... Read More
- 1Dec 7, '12 by MichelleRN34Quote from wish_me_luckI'm interested in how you areYou want to close it and I can update in a new thread? Or should it stay open and I can update in this thread? I am going to look in VA, but still go in January because I have no idea whether I will get anything in VA. Just because I apply, doesn't mean I'll get any job offer. I can PM you instead on the update, Boston, if no one else is interested.
- 3No, no, no. I was joking Wish_me_luck! I was glad about your decision to keep/fight for your license. I'm sorry, I wasn't meaning literally, see "stupid" happens to the most well meaning posters, Lol! I'm with everyone- you worked sooooooo hard for them, I Don't won't you to surrender them- but, I also want you to reach what ever goal you want whatever it may be, Nursing or not. I'm sorry I caused confusion, my post was celebrating and affirming your decision in intention alone
This is your world, I'm just on a visit, Lol. I have been right where you are now, over and over actually, and if someone hadn't intervened on my decisions I would still be stocking shelves, Lol. Again,please forgive my blonde moment. As of now there has been 3,264 views! I know you have a big fan base waiting to see how your doing! I'm just one of them hoping and praying for the bestLast edit by BostonTerrierLoverRN on Dec 7, '12 : Reason: Another blonde moment
- 3Dec 7, '12 by wish_me_luckLOL. I am sorry. I am such the serious type. It's harder to understand how to take when it's typed instead of spoken.
I love my entourage. I hope you all are having a nice evening (afternoon for all of you in the midwest and west coast.)
- 2I love the upper mid-west. I drove 15 hours one time to go to the Norwegian American Museum in Decorah, Iowa(it was closed for renovation). Then I decided I wanted to go to the twin cities to all the Scandinavian Import stores.
I resent that y'all have all the Ikea Stores- we have Wal*mart. Never got to see the Pacific Northwest, but I am going to see Seattle before they put me in the grave. I think I am the only Norwegian on the Mississippi Gulf Coast! But, the Ikea catalogue is standard reading in the library (bathroom). I guess I will have to settle for the one in DFW now (have an aunt there) but it is crazy the prices they have!
We do have Waffle House
I'm sorry for rambling, but I'm just glad to read your post and know your ok, worried today, and now we know your ok I'm celebrating with a nap(because that's the max amount of fun the BON allows here
P.S. Wasn't that awful about the British Royal Suicide thing- I gotta research that before my nap, I still don't understand what happened- I didn't even know HRH Kate was "Great with Child." God save the Queen- and your favorite postersLast edit by BostonTerrierLoverRN on Dec 7, '12
- 3Oh yeah and Catfish!!! I was born in Norway, Lol! An Air Force Brat. Father from Central Mississippi hours from no where, lol. Cow pastures and hay bails. Mom from Hardanger, Norway. I grew up in rural Central Mississippi. It is my home now, lol, at heart. I love the "countryside." Norway is WAY too expensive- but I have dual citizenship. I have my Nursing License there too way less pay. Me and my wife always dreamed of living on the Gulf Coast (Shrimp, Jambalaya, Gumbo, etc) but coming home and stepping on a condom after a 16 hr shift kinda put a damper on that.(Me and my wife didn't use them)
TMI, but you get the pointSo, I kept the dream, dropped the cheating wife, and bought a 1 br 1 1/2 ba Condo, and I am totally starting over here in Biloxi. Katrina and the Oil Spill kinda wrecked the area, so when I finished my supervised time, I sold my home and used that $$$ on a lawyer, one more month later I started work with a 2 yr out DO as a free clinic FNP(Methodist Funded), and I work with the United Methodist Church in foreign missions 6 months out of the year. I love being close to New Orleans!!! Love the food, music, and culture there(drink too just can't have it)I love my life- we only get ONE!!
So if I can offer advise- Don't stop dreaming, they do come true. All the pain was worth it dreams really do come true. This crap is just temporary- then you can forget it!
Love Y'all with a Fury!!!
P.S. You got snowed in with Super Sandy huh, Lol! I was doing a CEU course in the Smokies and got Snowed in hiking to Mount Leconte in the Smoky Mountains!!! Stayed 3 days over plan, run out of water was glad to get reliefLast edit by BostonTerrierLoverRN on Dec 7, '12