What other states to apply for nclex rn since I was denied in Cali board of nursing?Register Today!
- by rpcabunag Feb 11Hello. My name is Samantha and I need your help about my situation. I was educated in the Philippines and earned my BSN degree there. I am also a registered nurse in the Philippines. I currently live in houston texas right now and I have applied in California board of nursing for nclex rn. I received a letter stating that my curriculum do not match with theirs. They denied my application. I was devastated to know that but life must go on. I recently took toefl ibt and I passed it with 86 in total score & 27 in speaking. My question is what other states can I apply for nclex rn that would accept my qualifications. Can you guys give me any suggestions of states that did not participate in the recent change in curriculum? I heard about Ohio board of nursing. Do you guys have any experiences about Ohio BON? Does anybody here have the same case or situation like I do? Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.
- 2,367 Views
- Feb 12 by Silverdragon102Where do you plan on living and working?
Also remember you are applying for licensure not NCLEX, that is just part of the process
- Feb 12 by perioddramaYes, yes, there are a lot of people with similar situation. It is not a recent change; it is just recently enforced in CA.
I second what Silverdragon102 said: Where do you want to live and work? Please do not think that once you are licensed in a different state, it becomes easier to endorse in CA. Others have thought that, but it still boils down to the fact that each state looks at your education and sees if it meets the requirements. Do not waste your time and money if you plan to bounce around.
Think about where you want to live and work and apply to that state.
- Feb 12 by rpcabunagThanx for the reply... I'm planning on living and working in houston texas...
- Feb 12 by Silverdragon102Then you are betting applying to the Texas state BON and meeting their requirements
- Feb 12 by Ginger's Momif you live in Texas why did you apply for California?
- Feb 13 by elkparkYou are going to need to be licensed in the state in which you want to live and work -- so that is a good starting point for you. Are you planning on staying in TX, or wanting to move somewhere else? Where do you want to live?
- Feb 13 by Silverdragon102Quote from elkparkPost 3 indicates they plan on staying in TexasYou are going to need to be licensed in the state in which you want to live and work -- so that is a good starting point for you. Are you planning on staying in TX, or wanting to move somewhere else? Where do you want to live?
- Apr 12 by IvoryRNApr 12 by woodrose
You can buy official guide to the TOEFL test (fourth edition),it has CD with examples that can help you to understand how to answer toefl questions and how it's being scored,also go to youtube and see how 'Notefull program and others use their own different strategies to answer the four parts of toefl ibt.In the speaking part,always record your responses and access yourself while practicing.Good luck to you.