Visa Screen Certificate / CGFNS - page 5
Visa Screen Certificate is required by all foreign nurses wishing to obtain a green card to work in the US, as well as any type of temporary work permit, such as the Nafta TN Visa for those from... Read More
Feb 15, '07chris, you have to send the validation of license form (in cgfns visa screen application packet) to CA BON. if you dont have a license number, leave it blank.
send the form to CA BON with a bandraft of $60 enclosed in it. they will be the one to send the form to cgfns/ichp directly.
Feb 15, '07Quote from bebe13hi bebe13!Please help me with some of these questions, they may seem to be petty ones but for the sake of ensuring the smooth processing of my VS Application (initial certificate) I'll be asking them:
1) About the photocopies of the documents (diploma, license) to be submitted together with the VS Application Form, are they mere photocopies or do they need to be certified true copies? I mean the documents that go together with the application that will be coming from me, not those from the validating source (such as school or licensing institution).
2) What documents do I have to submit together with my VS Application Form - diploma, license, transcript of records?
3) When signing the VS Application, do I affix my usual specimen signature? The words "Sign Entire Name - Do not Print" confuse me.
For example, my name is Ana B. Santos
My usual specimen signature is ABSantos, and this is what I'm using in all my legal documents. How will I sign it then?
If I use the my entire name in signing, I will not have documents to support such signature.
Thank you in advance for the help. God bless
Basing from your inquiries, I assume that you haven't downloaded the VisaScreen applicant handbook yet. You can download it at www.cgfns.org.
1. The documents coming from you are mere photocopies, like your secondary diploma for example. It is indicated in the handbook that you need to pass a photocopy of your high school diploma. If it is not written in English, you must have it translated and signed by the translator. The specifics are stated in the handbook. You do not need to photocopy your license since it will be the licensing authority (PRC) that is responsible to validate that you are indeed licensed in our country. You need to submit the "Request for Validation of Registration" form to PRC and they will be the one to forward it to ICHP.
2. Try to read the whole VisaScreen applicant handbook. You also need to complete the "Request for Academic Records" form and submit it to your school where you completed your BSN program. They will also be the ones to forward it to ICHP together with your transcript and RLE records. In my case, after completing the form, my school gave it back to me and I was the one who forwarded it to ICHP. The envelope was sealed of course, so I wasn't able to take a look.
3. You will need to sign your entire name. It is not the normal signature that you use. This creates a contract between you and ICHP. I, myself signed my entire name, including my middle name. :roll
Hope that answered your question. :icon_hug:
Feb 15, '07I passed my Nursing Licensure examination (NLE) here in the Philippines but because of the problem of that June 2006 NLE, we are now forced to retake the exam if we wanted to work in the US. My question is, what if i fail in the second time, will i still get my VisaScreen or not?
Feb 15, '07Quote from rajotolentinoYou will need to pass that exam, or you will find issue with finding an employer to hire you. And if you prepared properly for the first exam, then there should not be an issue with passing of that exam.I passed my Nursing Licensure examination (NLE) here in the Philippines but because of the problem of that June 2006 NLE, we are now forced to retake the exam if we wanted to work in the US. My question is, what if i fail in the second time, will i still get my VisaScreen or not?
Feb 15, '07Thanks silverdragon, kathykaye, everyone. So to clarify the form is downloaded from 1) CGFNS SITE?
2) The REQUEST FOR VALIDATION OF REGISTRATION/LICENSE FORM?
3) The space asking for REGISTRATION/LICENSE NUMBER? would that be the same as the REGISTRATION ID one sees on the ATT form- bottom right corner- we have? I know we don't have a license so is that the one or leave blank? 4) So if this is left blank then THE REGISTRATION/LICENSE WAS ISSUED UNDER THE NAME OF: is also left blank?
5)The demand draft is addressed specifically to "California board of registered nursing" right?
6)To send to Calif. brn, in the address can we put ATTN: REGISTRATION AUTHORITY or just the plain address without the attn.?
7) How long would it take for the calif. board to receive my request? then for cgfns to receive my results?
I thank you guys for having the patience to answer our questions!! As you know every little itty bitty mistake we make on these forms makes a huuuuge difference!!
Feb 15, '07Hi Chis!
Have you read the whole VisaScreen application handbook? If you haven't, try to take the time to read the whole handbook.
1. You can get the whole information, application packet and required forms in the CGFNS site.
2 & 3. Like what Kathykaye said, you need to fill up this form and mail it to your specific BON, in your case, the Cali BON and they will be the one to forward it directly to ICHP. The registration/license number is NOT the one you see on your ATT. Just like what you said, you don't have a license number yet so just leave it blank.
4. Write your name under that portion.
5. The demand draft is made payable to "Board of Registered Nursing" just like the one you wrote on the demand draft that you used when you applied for California licensure.
6. The address is the same address you wrote when you mailed your application packet to California BON.
7. It basically depends on your courier. I'm not sure with California. Try to call/email them and inquire about the estimated time they can finish filling out the form.
Good Luck!!! God Bless!!
Feb 15, '07You have to allow close to a month for CA to send this form on. It is done by humans and it does not take priority over anything else. It will not be automatic. Also remember that since you do not have an actual license number assigned, they need to look up your file manually.
The VSC is not required to be in hand until you actually go for your US Embassy interview. It is not needed to start the petition process if that is what you are concerned about.
Feb 16, '07Thanks for the additional info Coincidentally i just received a letter from cgfns like a few mins. ago informing me that they reviewed my ICHP visascreen appy. nd the documents acceptable for partial review. That's in the letter. Only needed is my NCLEX result. Talk about timing! I just sent out by courier the package containing the form,request letter, bank draft earlier today!! Wowers. But unfortunately it will take time for calif brn to receive my request and finally for ichp to get my nclex results!
Feb 16, '07Quote from chisgreat, atleast you know all that is needed now just a case of waitingThanks for the additional info Coincidentally i just received a letter from cgfns like a few mins. ago informing me that they reviewed my ICHP visascreen appy. nd the documents acceptable for partial review. That's in the letter. Only needed is my NCLEX result. Talk about timing! I just sent out by courier the package containing the form,request letter, bank draft earlier today!! Wowers. But unfortunately it will take time for calif brn to receive my request and finally for ichp to get my nclex results!
Feb 16, '07You guys are really helpful and encouraging!! Care and best wishes to you all Enough computer for today!!
Feb 16, '07Thank you kathykaye and jahda for your PM's. Also, praeclarus, your inputs are valuable. I cherish your spontaneity in helping others.
To Suzzane, I value your pieces of advice. My experiences have proven them to be factual, useful and true to life. You are indeed knowledgeable and helpful. I'm really thankful for having found you and this site.
Once more, I need your suggestions. I have to do the CES and Visa Screen. I already have my license at NM and need to endorse it to IL, where my probable employer is based.
My first option is to do both the CES and Visa Screen at the same time. This way I'll do the request for validation of license and academic records twice. I might save time and energy here but I'll be paying for two fees for each validation request.
My second option is to do the CES first then the Visa Screen. Will I have to do the request for validation of license and academic records again in this second option? Which option will be faster?
Any inputs will be appreciated. God bless!Last edit by bebe13 on Feb 16, '07
Feb 16, '07Visa Screen can use the same documents that are sent with the CES application, you do not have to resend them. You can decide when you want to submit the application and the fee with it.
And thank you for the very nice note.Last edit by suzanne4 on Feb 16, '07