I have been following a lot of topics here on allnurses.com and decided to share my experience hoping it might help others, since a lot of people who posted helped me out. This is my first time posting.
I'm a March 2012 BSN Nursing Graduate from the Philippines. I also do not have a local RN license from the Philippines
. I was born in California and went to school here until middle school. I took up my High School and College education in the Philippines.
In July-August I applied for NCLEX in California and got denied due to the concurrency issue
The evaluator told me that if I wanted to take the NCLEX I needed to take the MS and OB course over again, theory and clinical
. I was really depressed and stressed out because of that since all of my relatives and friends are here, but decided that I might as well get over it and apply somewhere else. So I settled for Nevada.
Here are all the things I did:
1. Applied for CGFNS/CES professional report on 11/26
- I applied online, and paid using a credit card. CES report is ($335), but I chose the Expedited Service so I paid ($485) instead.
2. Contacted the school I graduated from
- I filled out the form provided by CGFNS and asked my school to fill out the rest and send my transcripts over to CGFNS.
3. English Proficiency Exam
- I registered for the TOEFL exam on 11/26 and took it on 12/1 in Las Vegas. Got my results on 12/10 (?). I paid ($180).
- I had my Livescan fingerprinting done in Las Vegas on 11/29 for ($60).
5. Sent application to NV-BON
- I attached a money order of ($100) along with my application, and proof of my livescan fingerprinting.
6. CES Sent
- CGFNS e-mailed me that my CES was completed and sent to the NV-BON.
I haven't registered for pearson vue yet
though, gonna wait until I'm sure that I'm eligible to take the NCLEX.
Now I'm praying and waiting!
Hopefully this can help someone. I'll update once I get news on my application. It sucks that my CES was sent out on a Friday. Don't know when it'll get to the BON.