Illinois licensure requirements for the foreign trained RN
- 1Jan 23, '09 by suzanne4Licensure and immigration are two very different items. Even if you possess a green card or a US passport, but have trained out of the US, you will have to meet these requirements for licensure. Nothing is waived for you.
1. You must have the CES report completed by CGFNS, their website is www.cgfns.org. They may take a little longer than some of the others, but their report is then accepted by all of the universities here as well as all of the states that require a credentials eval. Please get this done before submitting any actual application to Illinois for licensure. The CGFNS exam is no longer needed so no reason to want to write it for them. It will not get you a license and you are still required to write the NCLEX-RN for the license to practice in the US.
2. You are going to be applying for licensure as an RN in the state of Illinois, there is no such thing as applying for the NCLEX exam. The exam is only one step in the licensing process and you need to have permission to even sit for the exam.
3. When you send in your application, please make sure that all of the required information and documentation is submitted at the same time, or closely related. This means that the CES has been sent already or is ready to be sent in, as well as fingerprints are submitted at the same time as well. They are unable to do a thing without the CES report as well as the fingerprints and it should not be there responsibility to hold onto a file that is not complete. Many states are starting to return applications if all of the documentation asked for is not received in a very timely fashion.
4. If your nursing program was 100% in English and is documented as such on your transcripts, then you are exempt from the English requirement for Illinois. However, this does not waive the requirements for immigration and obtaining the Visa Screen Certificate.
All of the specifics for licensure and what gets sent where can be found directly on their website including contact numbers for them if you need additional information from them.
- 3,079 Visits
- 0Jan 25, '09 by superprincesspeachthanks! but maybe i got lucky or maybe i didn't. i checked my status on the cts website and i was told that my status has changed to accepted. so let's just pretend that i sent in my application in a timely manner, how will i know if i am already eligible to take the nclex? will i be recieving a letter from cts or the info on the website should suffice and i can sign up in pearsonvue already? or should i call them now? thanks in advance!
- 0Jan 25, '09 by Silverdragon102 AdminQuote from superprincesspeachGenerally you receive something telling you OK to register with pearsonvue. You could register once you feel confident that review is nearly complete but pearsonvue will not send ATT until the BON tells them to. Also remember pearsonvue account is valid for 12 months so don't register until you feel confident things are moving forwardthanks! but maybe i got lucky or maybe i didn't. i checked my status on the cts website and i was told that my status has changed to accepted. so let's just pretend that i sent in my application in a timely manner, how will i know if i am already eligible to take the nclex? will i be recieving a letter from cts or the info on the website should suffice and i can sign up in pearsonvue already? or should i call them now? thanks in advance!
- 0Jan 26, '09 by Silverdragon102 AdminQuote from superprincesspeachHas the payment been cashed? Which did you use for credential eval CGFNS or ERES?^silverdragon
i see.. thanks i'm sorry for asking this repeatedly, but is the information from the cts website accurate? i'm getting a bit worried since i haven't heard from them since october when i sent in my form and the payment.
- 0Jan 27, '09 by superprincesspeachQuote from Silverdragon102i used cgfns for the credentials evaluation. i have received the applicant copy of the ces report, last month a few days after christmas. uh.. i actually have no idea whether the payment has been cashed in, i think we used a money order. well it looked similar to a personal check.Has the payment been cashed? Which did you use for credential eval CGFNS or ERES?
- 0Aug 2, '09 by titik"O"Help me please on filling up CES form.
What Name and Address should I place in 14a: Report Recipients?
In item 12: Institutions Attended. What will I write in the Post-secondary non-Professional programs?
in item 15a: Credentials Evaluation Report Fees. Should I check the CGFNS Language Report: English? In addition with the Full Education Course-by-Course Report.
By the way, I'm a second courser RN from the Philippines.