BON is asking for the copy of my passport, but I lost it =(Register Today!
- by johnybhoi24 Oct 3, '12I graduated in the Philippines. Like everyone else, The CA BON is asking for the copy of my passport but unfortunately I loss it when I moved my apt a year ago. I didn't really look for it coz its expired anyways. But now, I tried look on my entire apt but I couldn't find it. Is there anyone else that's in the same situation as I am right now? I'm wondering if the board will consider my reason..
I would appreciate all the response
Thank you very much
- 2,497 Views
- Oct 3, '12 by morteIf native to the USA, get a replacement. If native of Phil. I would think you need to go to consulate (sp).
- I think the reason why BON is asking for it is bcoz they want to see the stamps on it..Is it possible to get a passport with all thos stamps? Idk sorry hehehe
- Oct 3, '12 by Silverdragon102What sort of stamps do you mean, if entry to the US and you have several I doubt you can get it added to your passport. If immigrant visa I suggest contacting the embassy that dealt with the immigration
- Oct 3, '12 by KuyafernI think what johnybhoi means is that the state wants to check his passport if he's traveled while he was in the nursing program.. In the past years there were applicants who applied for the NCLEX and the board found out that instead of being in the Philippines attending the program they were here in the U.S. doing something else.
I suggest inform the board that you've misplaced the passport and if they really need a passport then you may need to get a replacement.
- Oct 3, '12 by steppybayBy chance, do you need it to get your CA RN license issued to you (meaning you have passed the NCLEX)?
Is this a USA or PH passport that was lost?
- Oct 3, '12 by morteI think you prob. are right. But there isn't anything to be done about that. Unless you left it behind and someone turned it in? I just thought of a not good scenario. check and see if "you" have a current passport, perhaps someone else "renenewed" it?Quote from johnybhoi24I think the reason why BON is asking for it is bcoz they want to see the stamps on it..Is it possible to get a passport with all thos stamps? Idk sorry hehehe
- Kuyafern that's right.. They want to make sure that I was actually in the Philippines during the time that I was studying.. I'm wondering if they would consider a letter from the school or the dean..i tried so hard to look for my old passport but I couldnt find it anywhere
- I really dont know what to do.. I hope this wont be the reason for my denial
- Oct 3, '12 by Esme12Yes , I think they can deny you. They are asking for documentation for identification, immigration and travel and you can't provide it. Yes I say they'll deny it. I think you need to notify the consulate or get a replacement with the US.