This is how much ER doctors are makingRegister Today!
This is a discussion on This is how much ER doctors are making in Nurse Practitioners (NP), part of Advanced Practice Nursing ... Lovelace Health System in Albuquerque, New Mexico was recognized by Modern Healthcare as one of the...by nursetim Nov 7, '12Lovelace Health System in Albuquerque, New Mexico was recognized by Modern Healthcare as one of the best places to work in healthcare and they now have openings for Emergency Medicine Physicians. This is your opportunity to live in beautiful Albuquerque, New Mexico and earn between $200-$250 per hour! Albuquerque has been ranked #15 on BusinessWeek's "America's 50 Best Cities" Lovelace Health System has won numerous awards, including being "One of the Best Places to Work in Healthcare" Long-term, Stable Contract since 2008 Leadership Team with Clinically Active Emergency Medicine Physicians Perks include Free CME, Excellent Malpractice Coverage with Tail, Flexible Scheduling, and pay rates ranging between $200-$250 per hour! Downtown Albuquerque - 33K ED Volume Lovelace Medical Center Central Albuquerque - 23K ED Volume Lovelace Women's Hospital Rio Rancho Area - 23K ED Volume Lovelace Westside HospitalLast edit by Esme12 on Nov 8, '12
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=796379©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 6,953 Views
- Nov 7, '12 by zenmanThinly veiled recruitment ad ya think?
- Nov 7, '12 by SycamoreGuyToo bad this is a nurse site... Almost 400,000 a year is not too shabby
- Nov 7, '12 by lovingtheunlovedUm, it's not alldoctors.com...
- Nov 8, '12 by BlueDevil,DNPWas that salary a surprise to you Tim? I don't think it is wholly atypical, and I suspect Albuquerque is a difficult area to recruit. I am sure they want a physician boarded in EM vs. a internal medicine or family practice physician "moonlighting." I had a EM physician friend making $300 an hour about 5 years ago on the east coast in a not underserved resort area. I've lost touch with him, but I'm sure he's had a raise or two since then.
- Nov 8, '12 by goofeegirlI know an internal medicine doctor who makes $180/hr and works two jobs. He's killing it with the salary. They worked hard to get to where they are and should probably make some money to pay back those student loans.
- Nov 8, '12 by SycamoreGuyThats a good point, some doctors are coming out of school with nearly $500,000 in student loans. Whereas I will be under $50,000
- Nov 8, '12 by nursetimYes it was, I am some how on their list as a physician. I didn't put myself out there as one, just for the record.
Bluedevil, yes, I am surprised a little. Considering how we add to the team and make what? 1/3? Are we doing 1/3 the work? I understand they have more responsibilities, but 1/3? Well, who ever said life was fair?
- Nov 8, '12 by SycamoreGuyI believe BlueDevil is actually getting paid the same as they physicians in her practice.
- Nov 8, '12 by PMFB-RN$200-$250 and hour? Hey if they work some over time they would make almost as much as my buddy who graduated from CRNA school a couples years ago and is now a partner in an all CRNA anestesia practice. I wonder if the ER docs get 2 out of every six weeks off?