When will people learn NOT to say the "Q" word...Register Today!
This is a discussion on When will people learn NOT to say the "Q" word... in Nurse Colleague / Patient Relations, part of General Nursing ... Its 6:35pm, census is 6 patients on a 16 bed icu.... Just as I'm about to give report, the oncoming...by OnlybyHisgraceRN Jul 15, '12Its 6:35pm, census is 6 patients on a 16 bed icu.... Just as I'm about to give report, the oncoming nurses states how "quite" the unit is. Before the nurse can even finish her statement my patient who was given transfer orders goes into 40 beats of bigeminy pvcs and is symptomatic.
People please, don't say the q word, especially around a new grad rn ICU nurse....
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=757937©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 8,876 Views
- Jul 15, '12 by kloneAre people really that superstitious?
- Jul 15, '12 by OnlybyHisgraceRNQuote from kloneI'm not but in my short 6 years of nursing, it never fails. Friday the 13th was a breeze for me BTW.... don't believe in that at all.Are people really that superstitious?
- Jul 15, '12 by tothepointeLVNAre you that superstitous that you wrote quite instead of "quiet"? LOL Next time get report done before the word comes out of her mouth and then be like oh well enjoy your "quiet" ;0
- Jul 15, '12 by DazglueI had a co-worker say "quiet" and "code" in the same sentence last night. You can guess what happened in the next 10 minutes! Lol. I'm not superstitious at all but this is the second time this has happened in a month when someone mentioned those words and it happens almost instantly.
- Jul 15, '12 by tothepointeLVNMaybe its intuition?
- Jul 15, '12 by Ruby VeeQuote from kloneyes. i've seen it happen over and over.are people really that superstitious?
- Jul 15, '12 by midlifemomConfirmation bias.
- Jul 15, '12 by umcRNyes. we do not say it on my unit!
My patients mom said it today and I quickly told her not to say it again! haha, nothing happened but I have seen "quiet" shifts go to all hell breaking loose.
- Jul 15, '12 by Pepper The CatSomeone said the "q" word at the start of a shift the other day. I made her spin around three times and spit to prevent bad things from happening.