Anyone work for the VA system?Register Today!
- by bjorklover Jun 22, '12Anyone? Have any experiences to share?I was looking into it, then decided it wouldn't be a good fit for personal reasons. But you never know these days.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=746957©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,793 Views
- Jun 22, '12 by elprupLook under Government Tab under Specialties. There are a few threads about hiring and working there. It can be a long process getting hired.
- Jun 24, '12 by bjorkloverYeah I know by I wanted replies from people in NY specifically, seems hard to get those in the big government section
- Jun 24, '12 by nycnursingI did a summer internship at the va and I absolutely lived it. Great atmosphere, everyone is always helping one another and definitely a great place to work.
- Jun 24, '12 by bjorkloverQuote from nycnursingVery nice to hear. Makes me wish I was able to go on interview. Was it one of the va hospitals downstate or upstate?I did a summer internship at the va and I absolutely lived it. Great atmosphere, everyone is always helping one another and definitely a great place to work.
- Jun 24, '12 by UPMCMurseQuote from bjorkloverThat place is harder to get into than a Justin Bieber concert.Anyone? Have any experiences to share?I was looking into it, then decided it wouldn't be a good fit for personal reasons. But you never know these days.
- Jun 26, '12 by bjorkloverNo not to me it is. I was called for an interview but declined it for other reasons. I went to usajobs website and for Albany they even extended the app due date. So they did call, would have I been hired, well yeah who knows. But it seems they are looking for people in the upstate ny region, forget downstate though.
- Jun 28, '12 by mlobifaroI just got hired by the VA govt hospital in Brooklyn, NY. i am a new grad no experience with a AAS degree. i have no special conections their. They are hiring new grads. it took a very long time after i applied to get an interview like 5 months and another 4 months to get a start date. the pay an benifits are excellent. and the plus is that after a while you can transfer to another state and have the same job if you would like.
- Jun 28, '12 by nycnursingmlobifaro what floor were you hired for? I absolutely LOVE the bk VA. Hope to work there soon as well.
- Jun 28, '12 by mlobifaro13w its telemetry and med surg