Reschedule NCLEX-RN?!!Register Today!
- by Emmi7 May 22Ok so I recently graduated (4/5/13) and our school required us to get at least a 90% predicted probability on our ATI Comprehensive Predictor OR completion of a certain % of VATI. Well the 1st comp predictor I took I only got an 89% so I enrolled in VATI & began working on that. Then 4/22/13 I took another comp predictor at my school and got a 97%! The school released my certificate of completion and I scheduled my test date for 5/28/13 because I still wanted to finish VATI. Well I finished all the VATI subjects this past weekend and took yet another comp predictor via my VATI coach...BUT this time I only got an 89% AGAIN!!! Now I am so disappointed and I don't know if I should reschedule my test date or if I should keep 5/28 as my date...any advice?!!?
- May 22 by tissWhat is VATI if l may ask please. Your scores are high and l will go for it if l were you
- May 23 by Emmi7Thanks Bruce... I am thinking the same and mainly because the next test dates are so far out... I feel like it may worse waiting longer.
VATI is the Virtual ATI, a study tool for NCLEX where you review learning activities, take practice assessments in each category (Pharm, Med Surg, OB/Peds, etc), and based on your score you either remediate or progress. In the end there is a comprehensive predictor that your coach gives you and based on that score it gives you a predicted probability of your passing the NCLEX on the first try. If you do not get a high enough score you remediate for an additional two weeks and retake it.
- May 23 by QesterIn my own opinion an 89% predicted pass rate is fantastic. 1% difference is statistically insignificant, if you take a 100question test and misread 1 question wrong and get an 89 instead of a 90 does that mean you don't know the information?
Also if someone told me that if I rolled a 100 sided dice and I rolled a 1-89 I passed and 90-100 I failed I would roll that dice and If I misrolled, I would study harder and roll it again later.
- May 24 by Emmi7Well I am going to keep my date...I'm planning on spending the weekend doing more ATI and also reading my Kaplan Strategies book...I will let everyone know how it goes Tuesday!
- May 28 by Emmi7Well to update everyone I took my test today and failed...tried the PVT and it took me to the CC screen...I'm so disappointed in myself...I don't even know if I want to retake the test at this point.
- May 28 by tissI'm so sorry to hear that, don't give up
- May 28 by PCU RNdon't give up! try the lacharity book! i am scheduled to take my nclex-rn next wednesday and i think it is helping me. i am using hurst review, lacharity, and exam cram (which is written by pearson!!) you made it through nursing school, now you just have to pass this one last test. you can do it!