How long does it take before you can re-take the NCLEX-PN in California?Register Today!
This is a discussion on How long does it take before you can re-take the NCLEX-PN in California? in NCLEX Discussion Forum, part of Nursing Student ... Hey Everyone. So I took my NCLEX-PN exam on March 25th, 2010 here in CALIFORNIA and found out...by LeahReview84 Mar 30, '10Hey Everyone. So I took my NCLEX-PN exam on March 25th, 2010 here in CALIFORNIA and found out through the Pearson Vue Trick that I failed. I'm waiting for my results, so that will say it all. But my questions at this point are:
How long do I have to wait before I can schedule my exam for the second time? It says on the brochure that it's either 45 or 90 days between each examination. On the NCSBN website, it says the retake policy is 45 days. From what I understand, as soon as I get the results...if I failed...it will have all the paperwork in the envelope for me to re-apply. I called boards and they said that it takes approximately 3-4 weeks for them to process the application, again. Do I really have to re-apply and pay the $75??? or can they re-confirm me because I applied already and I had that letter that said between what dates I am eligible to take the test??? ....it sounds to me like I may end up getting my results around April 22nd - 29th and then I'll have to re-apply and it takes 3 - 4 weeks to process...so that's like May 26th or so.....I probably won't be able to take my test until the beginning of June.....ugh sooo creepy!
I honestly am very stressed out and nervous because of the fact that I have to wait so long to retake the test. On the other hand tho, it gives me more of an advantage to really get a grasp of the material and understand it. I know that I should feel pretty good about that, but I'm just so sad lol...I just can't really get it through my head right now.
Help please! =) Thank you very much!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=466180©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 13,729 Views
- Mar 30, '10 by caliotter3You reapply and pay the fees again. Just follow the instructions that you will receive with your official results.
- Mar 31, '10 by Silverdragon102As well as BRN fees you also have to pay pearsonvue again and they will send you a new ATT once the BRN tells them it is OK for you to resit NCLEX
- Mar 31, '10 by LeahReview84Alright, thank you very much!
- Apr 26, '10 by buttercup31What is the Pearson Vue Trick? Is that thru re-registering again for another exam while waiting for your results? If so, is that accurate?
- Apr 26, '10 by Silverdragon102Quote from buttercup31There is a big thread discussing the pearsonvue trick suggest you have a good read on it. The first post has detailed instruction on what to doWhat is the Pearson Vue Trick? Is that thru re-registering again for another exam while waiting for your results? If so, is that accurate?
- May 1, '10 by roxy_fI took my exam on March 11, 2010. I found out today, April 30th that I did NOT pass. A form was sent to reapply for the oppurtunity to retake the exam. The letter said to fill out the application form and send with a $75 check. It will take 3-4 weeks to process and then I should receive the ATT..So i had to wait 7 wks for the results and now have to wait an additional 4 weeks to be able to retest...RIDICULOUS
- May 4, '10 by LeahReview84I totally understand how you feel. I took my test on March 25, 2010 and still waiting. I'm assuming I won't be getting my results until about May 14th or 15th. I called them yesterday and they said that they were working on March 23rd. We'll see, I guess....
- May 5, '10 by LeahReview84I just got my results in the mail today and it has been confirmed. I..........DID NOT PASS.........the Pearson Vue Trick is 100%.....and I'm sending in my re-examination paperwork tomorrow or Friday. I'll take the exam again in June. I'm going with a different strategy this time as far as studying. I'll write later on what I'm going to do. I'm not going to let this ruin my life. I have to admit, I'm a little bummed just like anyone else would be, but I'll live. It also doesn't help when you have your PARENTS stressing you out about it because it's not like you can do anything about it RIGHT THIS SECOND..... OH MAN...nightmare LOL
Good luck to all!
- May 21, '10 by pita027good luck. i just took the nclex on May 21 2010 . i did the trick so and i was able to register again . so am guessing i didnt pass . im just gona give up i cant wait that long to retake...