My exam shut off at 75 questions and I thought the exam was fairly easy 😩 I only got 10-15 SATA and a TON of prioritization. I am so worried and anxious, can someone whose taken NCLEX who passed or failed please give me some straight talk.
Anxiety is normal. The test will end after it has determined you meet the minimum competency level. If you feel like it was easy, then you probably did well. Take some deep breaths, relax, go do something fun, and you'll find out your results in a day or two.
Straight Talk? Ok. You got the minimum number of questions which means you either did a terrific job and passed easily or you did an awful job and failed easily. Type and format of questions doesn't matter. If you can buy the Quick Results do that and it'll help ease your worries. that's as Straight as I get lol.
The NCLEX test is a Computer Adaptive Test (CAT). Unlike nursing school tests in which you are expected to answer every question correctly, CAT tests try to get you to answer questions wrong to determine your level of knowledge and competency. It is possible to answer half the questions wrong and still pass at 75 questions. Question 1 is a passing level question. It will give you tougher or easier questions depending on if you answered the previous question right/wrong. It is looking for a narrow band of "level of difficulty" above the passing level, what NCLEX calls a "saw tooth pattern". After question 75, it determines 1 of 3 things:
1) With 95% Level of Confidence you are minimally competent to be a nurse PASS
2) With 95% Level of Confidence you will not be minimally competent regardless of the number of questions. FAIL
3) Can not determine your level of competence and continues to give you questions.
If the test stops at 75 questions there are only two possibilities: You did very well and passed or you did very poorly and not worthy of more questions and you failed. To determine if you passed or failed answer the following questions:
1) Did I do very well in Nursing School?
2) Did I go to a school with a high NCLEX pass rate (above 85%)?
3) Did I study extensively for the test?
4) Did I go into the test on pain killers or drunk?
5) Was my anxiety level so high that I didn't know my own name?
6) Did I have a traumatic event immediately prior to the test?
If you answered "yes" to the first 3 questions and "no" to the last 3 questions, then there is a 99.9% probability (my opinion, not an actual stat) that you passed otherwise it would have given you more questions.
My exam shut off at 75 questions and I thought the exam was fairly easy ������ I only got 10-15 SATA and a TON of prioritization. I am so worried and anxious, can someone whose taken NCLEX who passed or failed please give me some straight talk.