Starting pay for new rnRegister Today!
- by vn2998 Nov 5, '10Hi,
I am a new grad (bsn) and will be getting a formal offer from dmc in a few days. I wanted to know what should I be expecting and if as a new RN I could negotiate better pay with HR? I have been told that dmc pays the lowest in the area! Thanks and good luck.
- Nov 6, '10 by SnowStar4The DMC starts at 23.46 for a new graduate. I just got an offer from there but since i worked as a nurse tech my pay is higher.
I know St Johns pays like 25.50 or so.
Honestly I'm not sure you have much leverage with them having the pick of so many jobless new grads.Last edit by SnowStar4 on Nov 6, '10
- Nov 17, '10 by wendyyvonneI imagine the amounts above are base rates. Do you know what the shift differentials are? Just curious. Thanks!
- Nov 22, '10 by SnowStar4Not sure for st johns but mine will be 1.85 for afternoon, 2.30 for nights, and 2.00 for weekends in the DMC.
- Nov 22, '10 by Christy1019I'm at Henry Ford detroit campus and when I was hired 3yrs ago I was started at 24.81 with 1.85 for midnights and 2.00 for weekends, and since we had a freeze on raises since then I'm unfortunately still at the same pay, however we are now getting raises this July, somewhere around 2% or more so I'm told i should be bumped up $5-6.00/hr
- Nov 26, '10 by GM2RNQuote from Christy1019I'm at Henry Ford detroit campus and when I was hired 3yrs ago I was started at 24.81 with 1.85 for midnights and 2.00 for weekends, and since we had a freeze on raises since then I'm unfortunately still at the same pay, however we are now getting raises this July, somewhere around 2% or more so I'm told i should be bumped up $5-6.00/hr
2% of 24.81 is 50 cents. You'd have to get a 20-25% raise to get an increase of 5-6 dollars. Either you typed the number wrong or your math is a little off.
- Dec 9, '10 by ejcl68Wow, that's a nice raise!!
- Dec 24, '10 by bunnyacRNI gave up on the hospital and I found a nursing facility five miles from my home. My starting pay was 27 an hour. They don't give differentials. I just got my first paycheck and I got a 100 dollar bonus and a Meijer giftcard. I wasn't expecting that. The downside is that some units are extremely disorganized. Hopefully I can secure employment elsewhere after I get my experience. Good luck!
- Dec 24, '10 by wendyyvonneHi!
That's a great starting rate and nice bonus! So, would you mind sharing what LTC facility you're at, or at least what town it is in?
Thanks in advance and Happy Holidays!
- Dec 24, '10 by bunnyacRNAbsolutely! Sorry about that. I'm at the Medilodge of Sterling Heights. I also heard that Clinton Aire is hiring, I believe they're located on 17 mile road, not sure of the cross streets. I applied for Medilodge on Craigslist believe it or not and they called me a week later. You can also walk in and fill out an application. Nursing homes seem to be hungry for RN's. They have a lot of LPN's employed there. Good luck!Last edit by bunnyacRN on Dec 24, '10 : Reason: too much info for the internet!