Have you ever been mistaken for a doctor?Register Today!
- by ThePrincessBride Jul 1, '10So, I have heard some stories of female doctors being mistaken for nurses...so I was wondering this: have you, as a male nurse, been mistaken for a doctor?
- Jul 2, '10 by manoshandsoffateAll the time. Most think i am a med student, because i'm younger looking.
- Jul 2, '10 by donsterRNI've been asked many times if I'm the doctor, but no one has batted an eye when I've informed them I'm the RN...
- Jul 3, '10 by danh3190All the time. I don't know when the last time an MD was seen in the hospital in white pants, white scrub top, and white shoes. Dr. Kildare maybe?
- Jul 3, '10 by Ace587RNall the time.
- Jul 3, '10 by RickyRescueRNIt hhas happened all through my career and continues to this day. Often less educated or illiterate people tend to assume that you are the doctor if you are male, and working in a hospital environment and wearing scrubs.
I always correct them and state my name and that I am their nurse.
- Jul 5, '10 by shariefI been working in a five star hotel in riyadh,colleagues or staffs usually address me as doctor, since i worked full time and on call for 24/7. i feel concious sometimes, however' they like calling me lby that name, and im used to it.
- Jul 5, '10 by ArgoAll the time. Half the hospital staff that have known me for 10 years think I'm a freaking Dr. Its kind of annoying and funny all together.