Guys in Peds?? - Page 2Register Today!
- Mar 5 by elkparkGo for it -- why not? I had a male pediatrics instructor (clinical) in nursing school nearly 30 years ago who had been working in peds for years.
- Mar 17 by nicuguyGo for it. I mostly work in NICU, but I have spent a lot of time in nursery, peds, and even school nursing.
- Mar 17 by strings85Peds is like my dream job. I say go for whatever makes you happy.
- Mar 18 by BackblastGo for it! Part of the beauty of nursing is being able to find your niche and roll with it. Years ago, my son was a patient at Cincinnati Children's Hospital. The entire nursing staff was amazing, but the nurses who stood out above the others were guys.
- Mar 19 by Back2schoolmurseI've been working in a peds cvicu and very rarely run into issues. Besides a few of the older girls preferring female nurses for bathroom tasks (understandable), I've had a lot of positive feedback from families and it's great experience if you want kids someday.
- Mar 21 by 4chun_cookieDo it! I've always loved kids and wanted to work Peds. never had a chance during school. Once I graduated, I applied and got right into PICU. I think it's a great experience. Scary, but challenging and fulfilling.
Good Luck to you with whatever you decide to specialize in!