- by Grasshopper11 Mar 17Our hospital just switched to the EPIC system. Anyone else using EPIC out there? What do you think?
- Mar 17 by eatmysoxRNI've never personally used it but I've read on the here that it's pretty much the best there is. Did you search for epic? I'm sure there are multiple threads about it.
~ No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent -Eleanor Roosevelt ~
- Mar 17 by ale022My past employer used Epic, it's a great system.
- Mar 18 by crussellWe use EPIC at our hospital. In the beginning, it's intimidating, but you will get comfortable with all the clicking required! Good luck!
- Mar 18 by akulahawkI use EPIC at one of my clinical sites (I'm in school) and I'm finding it pretty decent to use. Probably the most difficult part of the system is learning what parts of it will auto populate the other parts of the system. When doing my prepwork, it took some time to figure out where the data you need is, but once you know that, it's really not too bad at all. Another clinical site that I've been to also uses EPIC and, while it was set up a little differently, I found it also relatively easy to use. Should I go back to that other site, I'd probably be able to easily pick right back up again and do reasonably well.
In my opinion, EPIC is just intimidating because there's a lot of boxes, it can prompt you to add some fields at times, and it (both implementations I've seen) seems to default to charting by exception. At least it's explained as to what's considered "normal" and therefore anything other than that is an "exception."
- Mar 18 by tokmomI'm currently in a hybrid of Meditech. I can't wait for Epic. It's coming next year. Right now an admit takes over 30 screens and that is just the admission process. Not the physical assessment! If you are in one you can't get out. You are stuck. Yeah, can't wait..
- Mar 19 by Twinmom06been using Epic for a year as an aide - and I like it! It was a great hiring point at the hospital I'll be working at when I graduate since they just went to Epic and I already know how to use it!
- Mar 19 by Grasshopper11I like the med administration where you can work off the MAR or the worklist but I did notice that alot of people are using comments in docflowsheets because they do not know where else to put the info. There are no free text cells in docflowsheets.
- Mar 19 by RachelRN89I've been working with Epic since I started my job a few months ago and I love it. I've used a few other charting systems through my clinical rotations, including Powerchart (which I didn't like), and I found Epic to be the most straight forward and easiest to maneuver. Once you learn where everything is and some of the shortcuts for finding information fast, it's great.
- Mar 20 by MessyMommaWe are switching to Epic soon (well, system-wide "go live" date is August 1). So, training is starting soon.
And guess who gets to be a "super-user"! Whopee! :-)