When someone mocks you for being a nurse - Page 3Register Today!
- Dec 15, '12 by cHaNkStAJust tell them how much money you make... and they'll shut up.
- Dec 15, '12 by commonsenseQuote from fraydarThe world is full of stupid people, the only opinion that matters is your own.I just had a really ****** night where I was mocked for going to school to be a nurse. I can't explain how frustrated and ******* ****** off I get when people mock me for my decision to be a nurse and make a positive difference in people's lives. I feel like so many people think nurses just put band aides on people's fingers. I hate this and just needed somewhere to vent, people are idiots, if there weren't nurses the healthcare system would collapse faster than a ******* popped balloon.
- Dec 16, '12 by ImKosherInstead of taking a hit on your self-esteem, pick up your Kahunas and man up. Don't give them a chance to fit the typical ignorant "media nurse" for you, throw out the real "Nurse" at them and watch their reactions as you tell your stories.
Or....you can just grow a mountain man beard. There's nothing manlier than a mountain man beard.
- Dec 20, '12 by MrABMy face when this happens:
- Dec 21, '12 by jchildsWho cares what someone else thinks. I don't have anything to prove to anyone, including myself. I only care about how I appear in the eyes of my God, my wife, and my children.
- Dec 21, '12 by Bobmo88I usually am praised for wanting to go into nursing. I've had surgeons tell me that I am smarter than my pre-med colleagues for pursuing nursing and when I used to work in auto parts customers were always impressed as well. I can't recall being made fun of for wanting to go into nursing but if I did I'd laugh and say "It pays really well and I work with mostly women and besides I don't really care what you think"
- Dec 22, '12 by EterrybeMe and buddy are in the nursing program and get bugged constantly by people.....yet here, they are working at mcdonalds and we are the ones that get laughed at :/
- Dec 22, '12 by ptmikeytHonestly I went from being a full time personal trainer going into nursing school I felt the same critique, but if you let anyone get to you to the point you let it affect you... You are going to let it bring you dow... Use it as fuel and smile and go foward... Laugh with them, because you know in your heart this I something you want as that is all that matters. BOOM!
- Dec 25, '12 by sacwebbI enjoyed this post! I work in peds as an RN and am starting a DNP PNP program soon. I have been called gay, queer, baby molester, pedophile and so on. Means nothing to me and you just have to let it go every time. I'm the one of my friends that has a job, could buy a new car, saving for my future while my friends go back to school cuz they can't find work. I never brag about my money, success, or gorgeous wife (who was attracted to me for being a peds nurse) I just look past it knowing that I make a difference day in and day out for the little people I see. I'm proud to be a nurse! It gets frustrating at times but I just remember that I am second to my patients always, and they are all that matters.
- Dec 27, '12 by nyrn310lol i get the occasional focker jokes, but it's all good. TBH i dont think i want to be an RN for more than 5 years. It's just a stepping stone for me.