When someone mocks you for being a nurse - page 3
by fraydar 13,439 Views | 53 Comments
I just had a really ****** night where I was mocked for going to school to be a nurse. I can't explain how frustrated and ******* ****** off I get when people mock me for my decision to be a nurse and make a positive difference... Read More
- 0Dec 15, '12 by commonsenseQuote from fraydarThe world is full of stupid people, the only opinion that matters is your own.I just had a really ****** night where I was mocked for going to school to be a nurse. I can't explain how frustrated and ******* ****** off I get when people mock me for my decision to be a nurse and make a positive difference in people's lives. I feel like so many people think nurses just put band aides on people's fingers. I hate this and just needed somewhere to vent, people are idiots, if there weren't nurses the healthcare system would collapse faster than a ******* popped balloon.
- 0Dec 16, '12 by ImKosherInstead of taking a hit on your self-esteem, pick up your Kahunas and man up. Don't give them a chance to fit the typical ignorant "media nurse" for you, throw out the real "Nurse" at them and watch their reactions as you tell your stories.
Or....you can just grow a mountain man beard. There's nothing manlier than a mountain man beard.
- 0Dec 21, '12 by Bobmo88I usually am praised for wanting to go into nursing. I've had surgeons tell me that I am smarter than my pre-med colleagues for pursuing nursing and when I used to work in auto parts customers were always impressed as well. I can't recall being made fun of for wanting to go into nursing but if I did I'd laugh and say "It pays really well and I work with mostly women and besides I don't really care what you think"
- 0Dec 22, '12 by ptmikeytHonestly I went from being a full time personal trainer going into nursing school I felt the same critique, but if you let anyone get to you to the point you let it affect you... You are going to let it bring you dow... Use it as fuel and smile and go foward... Laugh with them, because you know in your heart this I something you want as that is all that matters. BOOM!
- 1Dec 25, '12 by sacwebbI enjoyed this post! I work in peds as an RN and am starting a DNP PNP program soon. I have been called gay, queer, baby molester, pedophile and so on. Means nothing to me and you just have to let it go every time. I'm the one of my friends that has a job, could buy a new car, saving for my future while my friends go back to school cuz they can't find work. I never brag about my money, success, or gorgeous wife (who was attracted to me for being a peds nurse) I just look past it knowing that I make a difference day in and day out for the little people I see. I'm proud to be a nurse! It gets frustrating at times but I just remember that I am second to my patients always, and they are all that matters.