ATI Testing - Page 2Register Today!
- Jul 23, '08 by skittles01For the few of you who took the ATI, what study materials did you use to help you prepare. I'm graduating in a couple of weeks and scheduled to take shortly after graduating.
- Jul 23, '08 by tina_the_nurseI used the books and dvds from ATI to study. Each content area has its own book as well as DVD. Both are a valuable asset and thoroughly prepared me for taking the NCLEX. Each section also comes with review questions that help you study the content. I had listed the complete set of books and dvds (ATI charges over $400 for the set) on ebay (mine were $125 for everything)and if you are interested I will relist them if you would like. Let me know and good luck studying...
- Jul 23, '08 by skittles01I have the books and cd's. I just thought there might be something else out there just to help me prepare me a little better.
- Jul 25, '08 by DelanaRNI graduated from an LPN Program June 21st. Our LPN Program used ATI alot! Additionally, our program costs included all the ATI books, CD's, and online practice tests. They are what I used to study to pass the NCLEX. I took the NCLEX on July 9th and found out on the 11th I passed with the minimum number of questions.
On top of that, I am now in an LPN-RN bridge program. I applied for that program early this year, got in my 3 reference letters, and scheduled myself for testing (which I took in May). The University gave all the applicants 5-6 ATI tests and then ranked all the applicants by there scores first, and then reviewed reference letters. All that ATI practice and study was invaluable at ensuring my slot in the bridge program.
In short, I really like ATI. It is a great tool.
- Jul 25, '08 by amjowensMy school uses the ATI. Word is that ATI is more difficult than NCLEX, so it's great for preparing for NCLEX. The latest class that took NCLEX at my school had a 100% pass rate. My program is not the type that weeds out any who might struggle with passing NCLEX, either.
- Oct 6, '08 by janathomeMy school uses ATI and we can't even get on just to take the practice tests. Does any one know the secrete?
- Oct 9, '08 by amjowensQuote from janathomeOur instructor gives the numerical codes for the tests, then (key), there's a code for getting access to the test. Each of us has a username, password. During orientation, the representative for ATI for our program presented the basics about the testing to us. We were given info as to how to get a hold of ATI if need help. Any problems seem to be handled directly by ATI. There are codes for everything, though.My school uses ATI and we can't even get on just to take the practice tests. Does any one know the secrete?
Our intructor has taken care of everything for us. She recently e-mailed us all the access codes for our practice tests.
- Oct 14, '08 by picurn10we're using ATI in my LPN program. We also have to pass with a 90% (the proctored exams) We have one for each unit (foundations, med surg, etc...) We did the practice exams last week and I only got a 59%, but since we'd only covered 2 of the 5 subjects in our foundations unit I think I'll be ok. My friend who graduated last year did the same system with ATI and she felt like it was a really good indicator of an individual's success on the NCLEX. I have to say, I don't see how many in our class will pass it, but I think some people are going to have to get a bit more serious about what we're learning...
I will say, I'm really glad we have a way to measure what we're learning because even though we're just 2mo in, I'm stressed about the NCLEX
Also, I think your instructors have to pay extra for the testing codes. We also had an ATI rep come and get us all started, we all have our own passwords and codes for test.
Does anybody know if you retake the practice exam, if it will give you new questions?
- Oct 30, '08 by leqwedzwe also have ATI in my program.if they let u do it again..it'll give u the same questions you failed first..so make sure you go and review your stuff..good luck.
- Nov 1, '08 by dixon4rnHas anyone taken the TEAS test,and if so,Is it as difficult as some people are making it out to be/